Volunteers sought

Broadcasts, Communiqués, Bulletins, Intelligence

Moderator: chuckcogan

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: Volunteers sought

Post by chuckcogan » Sun 05 Apr, 2009 12:04 pm

ben wrote:Something that I would like to do is get snippets of all the tracks on the site. Perhaps just 30 second titbits to begin with - but later maybe look to hooking up with M&T and get some of the out-of-prints available as downloads.

Ben
now that is one heck of a good idea i think :D
that could hopefully also lead to more ppl finding & joining the forum

great idea ben :D
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 06 Apr, 2009 4:51 am

oh wow, it's live...

looks good! I love the idea of having dl's of the out of prints available.

I know bleep has embeddable track players on the site.
I'll see if I can't add some to the various bleep-available releases...

not sure how to add them otherwise. if anyone knows please have at it...

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Mon 06 Apr, 2009 6:38 am

Sorry guys, I've bee out of action for the last few days and I also lost me password on here and for some very strange reason Hotmail will absolutely not allow emails from here.
Anyway, I need to ask, what exactly is going on here?
Is there going to be a new Reloadonline, if so where, cause I tried linking on Mr. Ben's link earlier on here and it's coming up with a dead page. Is the server down or something, or is it me that has the wrong address?
Also, what is the Word Press thing, and what should I be doing?
I'm sorry for being so stupid, but I just don't get what's going on around here.
By the way, I've officially handed in my notice on a job I have here for another two weeks, and then I'll have loads more time as my other job's only part time, so if you lot need help, I'd be glad to lend a hand with anything that needs done, but please just let me know what's going on first.

:?
be a force for peace

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 1:09 am

basically looking to add as much content to the site as possible:

releases: (include links to reviews, and where to purchase (bleep? amazon? itunes? beatport etc tag and categorized according to 'artist' ) see others up already for example... make fancier as you know how

articles/interviews etc: links can probably can all go on the same page

links to online mixes available from mark and tom (bbc, ho hum, etc)

fan mix/remix repository?

whole site organized logically and efficiently

opening/welcome/about page?

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 11:38 am

Wow, looks great guys, good work, is there anything you need from me?
Mark

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi.

I'd like to know if it's ok to put the Ambient Vocals up on the new site?
Also, how was the Sub Club in Glasgow, and rubadub?
be a force for peace

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 3:16 pm

Ok.

Ben.

What should we do with tracks like Moonbathing? It never had an official release, but did appear on a compilation. Should it get an entry on it's own? I think it should. What about exclusives on mixes - the Star Wars stuff on the essential mix etc...

Also, do we have to put in Remeber The Love?
:D
I'm kidding!
be a force for peace

ben
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ben » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 6:22 pm

Steve Sole wrote:What should we do with tracks like Moonbathing? It never had an official release, but did appear on a compilation. Should it get an entry on it's own? I think it should. What about exclusives on mixes - the Star Wars stuff on the essential mix etc...
Yeah - if it's out there somewhere, then I reckon we should try and capture it. The more info the merrier for current and future fans. Hell there's stuff being put up that not even I have heard.

Ben

PS - Sorry for the all change when you got here Steve - hayhook was so fast at filling the site with info that I thought we might as well make it live. No point in mucking about.

PPS - One thing we did discuss was getting the release posts published on the day that the release came out. For example - if you know when the Lamb Gorecki release was officially released - then modify the date of that post to match (you can set it on the right hand side when editing/adding a post to any time in the past/future). Due to the way that the site lists posts in chronological order - it makes the posts more logical.

PPPS - Note that there's already a Blood Music entry - if I give you full access you can update the existing entry with your details.

PPPPS - Thanks for getting involved in this. It'll give the site more visibility and value to casual browsers.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 8:53 pm

Jeez, man, it's the least I could do. I'm pretty chuffed to be able to do anything to be honest.
I actually noticed the date issue myself and I'll get on that in the next while.
Work just now is a pain - I'm working nights for the next week and a bit, but I'm quitting that job in the next 12 days or so, and I'll get stuck-in on the new site.
I'm also looking out for the double posts too - noticed that as well earlier this morning.
Is it ok to put little descriptions in as well; Gorecki "a mammoth drum & bass epic" etc.
I just think it's nice for new people dropping by to be able to read a little tidbit about the release too.
If not, then I totally understand.
I'll try and do a wee bit each morning for the next week or so. There's so much, but as you said earlier, Mr. Hayhook's been flying already.
8)

PS. I forgot about Blood Music. I'll get that sorted. I stuck the original on there for the 3PO sample as I know that's the one I was always after. Bloody collectors, I tell you!
:wink:

PPS. Shit, I forgot, what happened to Pulusha? It's gone!
EDIT: I found it!
be a force for peace

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Tue 07 Apr, 2009 10:20 pm

Mark, as ben mentioned before...
what would be the possibility of including a "store page"
where y'alls various out of print things
were made available as Downloads
(could even be flacs or wavs to keep up the integrity of the sound files)
here on the site?
How much of the out of print stuf has reverted ownership back to you from
the orginal(and often now defunct) labels that released them originally

could be a bonus money maker for you and tom, and the fans can get ahold of quality
versions of the NY Connection Stuff, Pulusha, Reload Archives,
pentamerous? the evolution remasters, JEDIs!!!! etc... shaft? fogcity? schizophrenia? etc

I know I would pay to get some of these tracks I only have as horrible mp3s currently...

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 6:44 am

who knows how to put a little evolution records symbol up next to the navigation bar?

and why if you don't type "www" before reloadonline.com does the site bounce to an audi owners club?

Also, who's running the evolution recordings uk and jedi knights myspace pages? (I suspect it's one of all y'all? if not Mark himself?)
we should update the players there to more songs too... (10 each are allowed now)

also to Jedi knights Myspace: Global Communication, Link, and Reload want to be your "friends". Please accept them to help expand awareness of all the Aliases between each other and send more traffic to Mark and Tom's pages... and to this site etc... especially since the Grand theft Auto Comp with Maiden Voyage on it. GC "friend list" is growing so fast...

ben
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ben » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 9:39 am

hayhook wrote:who knows how to put a little evolution records symbol up next to the navigation bar?
Just needs a favicon.ico in the root site. I'll get this sorted...

hayhook wrote:and why if you don't type "www" before reloadonline.com does the site bounce to an audi owners club?
That's my fault. Our little server runs a few websites (including my audi a2 owners' club site). I've obviously neglected to setup all the reloadonline aliases. I'll get this updated too.

Ben

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi Steve,
What are the Ambient vocals?
Rubadub was great, i've done a few in stores recently and part of you thinks what the f%ck am i doing djing in a shop when it is light outside, then you realize that it is actually a great thing to do, especially in really good record shops, its nice to make a effort for the guys that are selling your records, it creates a buzz and interest for the shop, people hang out drink beer which is nice. Sign a few albums and say hello to some people that have bought your album. I'm going to try and do more in future.

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 1:57 pm

Re downloads im up for this, the complicated part is finding a way that people can pay for it and then working out the splits that would go to Tom and I.
If anyone has any ideas of how to do that it would be great, ive been thinking about it for a while.
Mark

I Have Ev001-6 and Symbiotic re mastered as Wav's.
I have all the dats to everything else and at some point id like to re master all of it.

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 5:23 pm

I don't know how it is set up, but
FSOLdigital is selling all of their stuff, new and old, straight from their site.

Seems like it would be a great direct sale for you guys, and no label/online store taking a huge cut...
Each of the releases on the new site currently has a link to bleep or amazon etc. Any of them that you could sell directly We'd change the link to go to your store, and create a store page with thumbnails of each available release, shopping cart, paypal link etc...

the FSOL set up is pay through Paypal, then you get an email that has a download link in it that works once.
I suspect it is all automatic? not sure...

As for accounting, you would have to find someone you trust of course, (but probably have to pay them a small cut) or do yourself and keep it all, but you're mad busy, so might make it difficult... Decide between Tom and You who gets what based on what sells and what hand each of you had in it.

anyway...