Mista Guest's festive micks

Shenanigans, Jiba jaba, Frolics

Moderator: chuckcogan

mista guest

Mista Guest's festive micks

Post by mista guest » Tue 21 Nov, 2006 7:13 pm

Ok.
Just put together this little micks for everyone to.....erm.....hopefully enjoy!
It get's pretty rowdy towards the end, and I threw in one of my own tracks, just really for the hell of it :D.
It's been a lot of fun putting this together, as I've just found the wonders of Mixmeister, courtesy of one Mr. Chuck Cogan. For all you lovers out there not yet familiar with said application, I strongly advice you check out Mr. Chuck's link, and have a good look at this viewtopic.php?t=698

Thank's again, Chuck for the link - I haven't had as much fun in front of a PC in a long, long time.

By the way, the size of this is pretty big, but I left it at 320 bitrate cause the quality is pretty cool.

Anyway, here's the link http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... FE2522E4A7
and here's the tracklist:

I hope you enjoy :D

[1] Primal Scream - Higher Than The Sun (American Spring Mix) Creation
[2] Robin Guthrie - As I Breathe (Darla Recordings)
[3] Renegade Soundwave - Transworld Siren (Mute)
[4] Justin Robertson - Love Movement (Ulrich Schnauss mix) Bugged Out
[5] Bitstream - Crab Nebula (City Centre Offices)
[6] Paul Simpson Presents: The Carlos Sanchez Movement - Love & Respect (Joe's Spiritual Healing Version) Maxi
[7] Barbarella - My Name Is Barbarella (Casper Pound & Peter Smith mix) Harthouse
[8] Cajmere - Feelin' (Cajual)
[9] Slam - Eterna (Soma)
[10] Two Lone Swordsmen - Glide By Shooting (Emissions Audio Output)
[11] Fini Tribe - Detestimony (Collapse edit) One Little Indian
[12] Depeche Mode - Pleasure, Little Treasure (Mute)
[13] Nav Katze - Crazy Dream (Retro 313 Future Memory Mix) Victor Entertainment Japan
[14] Guillaume La Tortue - Salinas (Taka)
[15] Punto aka Donnato Dozzy & Jacopo Careras - 3Tempo3 (Orange Groove)
[16] The Martian - Stardancer (Red Planet)
[17] Pergon.#1 - The Deliverer (Important Records)
[18] XLomas - Off Kilter (LomasX Industries)
[19] Laurent Garnier - Rex Attitude (F Communications)
[20] Paris Mitchell Project - Ghetto Shout Out (Dance Mania)
[21] Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm (American Records)
[22] Stakker - Humanoid (Snowman mix) Jumpin' & Pumpin'
[23] Green Velvet - Help Me (Yeti)

:D

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Tue 21 Nov, 2006 8:45 pm

heheheh....nice tracklist mista :D
a few oldschool gems there....and a few i have never heard
will be fun to listen to this

thanks man...seems like i have spawned a mix frenzy ever since i posted this mix here & a few other places heheh
thats nice :D
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Thu 23 Nov, 2006 9:06 pm

cool mix mista....was nice to hear some of the oldies i have to say..like
renegade soundwave, barbarella, peragon (havnt heard that one in about 10 years or something hahah)
never heard that stakker version either
all in all a good selection of tracks mate...
nice to have a listen to what you lot listen to besides these GC guys :wink:
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Sun 01 Apr, 2007 6:43 pm

BUMPIDDYBUMPIDDYBUMP!!

As requested, here's another chance to listen to:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=52CG6TCQ

This is a little shorter than it's predecessor, to be able to be ba'burnt onto a disc of the compact sort.

Enjoy!

Salinas 62:43 - 71:57 :wink:
but more importantly
3tempo3 71:57 - 78:01 8)

Tracklist at top of page.
be a force for peace

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 9:01 pm

Still having problems with bl**dy Megaupload.
I really want to hear this though.
Is there any chance that you can upload this somewhere else (ie non megaupload) as I tend have better luck elsewhere. Ta in advance...

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi Suz.
Listen, this has been the bain of my life, trying to get this mix back online.
We just moved internet providers here, and for some reason, our upload is terrible. It keeps crashing halfway through uploading big files, and it's driving us nuts!
What exactly is wrong with you and megaupload? Is there anything that I, or someone else here could help you with, cause other than me trying again (cringe), to upload this to somewhere else, the only other thing I can suggest is to get Chuck or someone to try and upload it for you.
I will do everything I can to help, cause I really want you to have a listen to this mix, so let me know what you want to do.
:)

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 9:54 pm

Sorry for being a pain in the butt :D

After typing that message I stumbled across a way round my problem and the file is currently downloading (keeping my fingers crossed).
Will keep you posted! :o
Last edited by Suz on Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 11:03 pm

YAY it has successfully downloaded :D
and about to burn onto CD before we get a power cut or something :wink:

Will definitely give feedback later and sorry again for unnecessary pain in da butt.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 05 Apr, 2007 11:59 pm

Good stuff!
Thank God you figured it out, cause as soon as I saw MAC, I hadn't a clue :shock:.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the mix. I think there's some amasing tracks on there, so I'd be interested to know what you thought.
All the best,

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Fri 06 Apr, 2007 1:26 pm

Wow! that was definitely worth waiting for!

I really enjoyed it...in fact (being a bit soppy here) I sometimes get quite a strong reaction from music like this and it made me feel a bit teary but in a happy way (plus I hadn't exposed myself to this kind of music for a while which I guess made these reactions stonger?). Plus maybe it also had something to do with my regret at not exploring certain genres deeper at the time due to sometimes being either a bit of a Jack(ie) of all trades or too busy exploring another genre in depth and therefore missing out on another genre and therefore sometimes touching the surface of some great music of one genre (plus not enough time or money).
Anyway back to the mix...
By the time I got to the Depeche Mode track I was on an adrenalin rush so it was good to have a break for a while with this track (I debated with myself about this track as I didn't enjoy it so much as the others). As for Salinas and 3Tempo3 I quite enjoyed them but not as much as the earlier tracks.

But it was great – thanks! and loved As I Breathe so now waiting for Continental to arrive in the post!

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Fri 06 Apr, 2007 2:08 pm

Hi Suz.
Thank you for giving the mix a go, and thank you for being really, really honest - it's very cool, to be able to do just that, so thanks again.
I do know what you mean about getting really into tracks; my favorite track ever is on there, and it's never been beat, from the very first day/night I heard it, and it still brings a tear to my eye now and then too; so yes, I know just how powerfull some music can be. I think especially, with this kind of stuff - music that's really made for grabbing you by the horns, and making you dance, I think that kind of music, well in actual fact, I know that that kind of music is especially designed to really get under people's skin, because of that, I just feel that it's so much more.....charged (if you will), than other types of music.
Some journalist wrote a long time ago, that I.B.O. was the greatest 'E' track ever written, and that really hit home with me! It doesn't necessarily matter if you take drugs or not; it's more that this kind of music is specifically designed to make you boogie, and REALLY make you feel that boogie too; 'Designer Music', as the man Carl Craig knows only all too well :wink:.
I do thank you for persevering with the download. I kind of figured if you liked the other mix I did, then you'd probably go for this one too, and this one is probably my own favorite of the two.
I'm so glad some of the tracks found their way to you. If you like 'Continental', then I STRONGLY recommend 'Manual' http://www.discogs.com/release/109445 or http://www.discogs.com/release/439837 or http://www.discogs.com/release/81346 (this guy is amasing, and he's only 19 or 20 or something like that).
So much music, and such little money - I know, but these albums are amasing.
Have a great Easter.