Shenanigans, Jiba jaba, Frolics

Moderator: chuckcogan

thewalker
Mosh
Mosh

we are listening

Post by thewalker » Wed 12 Mar, 2008 3:28 am

http://www.victoryfund.org/files/listening.html

hate filled speech from an oaklahoma state legislator.

has to be heard to be believed.

A video of anti-gay remarks made by an Oklahoma lawmaker and posted on YouTube.com by The Victory Fund has been viewed more than 500,000 times as of this writing. Republican state Rep. Sally Kern, in a speech to a GOP club, called gays a "bigger threat, even more so than terrorists or Islam," and accused gays of trying to "destroy this nation."

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: we are listening

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 12 Mar, 2008 2:57 pm

Pittsburgh's run by gay people!!! AGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! :lol:
She's just an azzhole!!
I'd personally say that racism is still much more prevalent in the US than anti-gayness.
We should be over all this crap, but we're not I'm afraid. It'll probably take another 100 years for it to truly fizzle out.
Last edited by Steve Sole on Sat 15 Mar, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be a force for peace

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Fri 14 Mar, 2008 9:59 pm

Here's the email I sent her after seeing that vid: an attempt to speak to her in language and context she might understand
though I suspect it is all lost on her anyway...

Representative Kern,

I wonder how you can go to work holding your head up, pretending to “represent” people in your district.
Your hate mongering does more to tear down this nation than any terrorist ever will.
And let’s get the facts straight. The Person who bombed Oklahoma City, was neither gay, nor Muslim, but a
Fundamentalist Christian. Who should we be preaching about as a threat to this country, really?

And you might want to actually read the bible.
First Stop, The Old Testament and where you refer to, Leviticus (oh yeah, the Old Testament is also referred to as “the Torah”)
Pardon me for not Book Chapter Versing, you can look it up yourself. (read the whole book, not just Chapter 18/22 and 20/13)

But, If you want to follow the rules of Leviticus you need to follow all of them not pick and choose which ones you prefer.

Do you eat shellfish? How about ham or bacon? Elk? Deer? Do you leave the house when you are on your period?
Ever had sex while on your period? Do you wear Cotton/Poly blends? Do you eat fruit off of a tree in the first 4 years of it’s growth?
Do you eat any meat With blood still in it? Do you clip your hair at the temples? Any tattoos?
Ever had your palm read or followed your Horoscope? Do you celebrate Passover?

All of these are included in the same laws that dictate “laying with another man as with a woman” to be a sin.
(by the way, when the bible was written, the concept of “homosexuality” did not exist, and the word that has been translated now To read “homosexuality”
was originally “prostitution” or “rape”. re: genesis/sodom & gommorah)

Leviticus: “You Shall not bear hatred for you brother in your heart...Cherish no grudge against your countrymen. You shall
Love thy neighbor as thyself”. Maybe the only law from Leviticus we should hold onto... As it is repeated later in the New Testament.

And then we move on to the New Testament

The Greatest Commandment Matthew 22:

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[c] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

You should step down from you post as a representative, preaching hate the way you do. You are an embarrassment to your district.

Sincerely

you can email her too at:
<sallykern@okhouse.gov>

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Sat 15 Mar, 2008 4:45 pm

Hayhook.
You can't take what people like that say, to heart. In this day and age now, for every person that denounces another's sexual orientation, there's five or maybe even ten who'll stand-up and fight for what's right! I think you do know that. But I also feel for you man, and when you hear shiit like that from someone who's (supposedly) employed to stop trains of thought, just like her own, I know it's a kick in the teeth.
It is a sad statement on modern living though, and I do feel the world has a long way to fully being at peace over this. Do you know what the second highest rate of suicide is linked to in Ireland; after alcoholism, it's young kids (male, and I mean teenagers/early twenty-something's), and homosexuality! It's still seen, to this day as the modern day plague. Couple that with Ireland's relentless practice of orthodox Catholicism, and you've got a terrible mix - right there! It's gonna take a long, long time for that to fizzle out (if ever)!
Bottom line is: in this day and age, after everything that Ireland, America, and everywhere else has ever been through, we should be over something like this. We just should.
D'you know the ironic thing, homosexuality is probably more accepted in the developing countries. Even with all their poverty, wars and all the western-world says is wrong with them, they're miles ahead when it comes to things like this! Strange world.
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Sun 16 Mar, 2008 7:59 pm

oh, come on now, Steve, you take things to heart yourself. You ran away from this here website because things weren't going the way you wanted. We still love you anyway. I really appreciate Hayhook's response to that goofy southerner. However, this is just the way things are in America. People don't WANT to change their ways here. They are perfectly happy living in a bubble, ignoring reality and savagely feeding on the government cheese that is passed around on a daily basis. If people thought for themselves and researched the facts there would be no use for wacky tales of fiction, like say, THE BIBLE. That retarded southern lass rampaging against homsexuality has become daily behavior in America. And forget Oklahoma...I hear it everywhere I go, from Portland, Oregon to Portland, Maine, and back again. Unless we can figure out a way to exterminate the bible from peoples psyches, we're in for many more years of idiocy masquerading as righteousness. Which, of course, is what the bible is all about in the first place.
At any rate, very eloquent letter, Hayhook. You have passion which is getting rare these days. And Steve...you better not go running off on us again because life gets tough. It's tough for all of us, and we're all still here! But you know I love you anyway....TOUGH love, my friend! Good to see your back and in form again...

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Sun 16 Mar, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi Blastik.
Good to see you too. I understand how you would equate my departure as "running away". I did have a feeling that it would be your good self who would have something to say about it, and it's pretty classy watching you weave 'said opinion' into comments based on individuals in politics & homosexuality. Good to see you on top form too!
By the way, upon my return; whilst perusing these fine pages, I haven't seen much action from you either! I guess, unlike myself (who purposely chose to vacate these pages for a while due to the fact me'head was firmly lodged up my rear); you (on the other hand), have chosen the much more admirable stance; that of one being to 'stop posting because everyone else does'! Maybe you needed a little break too :lol: ! And that's ok too!!
Now, back to business. How are you doing?
The lady in question is just an idiot. Doesn't matter if she's from America, Europe...anywhere!! An ignoramus is entirely that! Actually that's not true cause she's a bigoted ignoramus - but still, very much, an idiot!
And by the way, Hayhook's issue with this individual is much more potently threatening than any issue I may have with reloadoadonline - not a fair analogy to compare that particular plight with any grievance I may have around here (it does after all detract from the seriousness of the situation). But if you do have any further comments to initiate regarding my own circumstances, please feel free to drop them off in my inbox here. I will reply with great fervor.
Good day to you kind sir, and may God bless.

PS. I still love you!!
be a force for peace