mystery goes on

Shenanigans, Jiba jaba, Frolics

Moderator: chuckcogan

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

mystery goes on

Post by blastik » Sat 22 Dec, 2007 1:18 am

did anyone ever figure out what happened to Steve? I've never met the guy, yet I feel worried...

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Re: mystery goes on

Post by Suz » Sat 22 Dec, 2007 4:53 am

[]
Last edited by Suz on Sat 15 Mar, 2008 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 27 Dec, 2007 6:29 pm

Hello everyone.
Thank you so much for all your kind words.
I'm sitting here feeling pretty sad, as today, I've came to the realization that this little place is no longer my home on the www. I've felt it for the last week or so, but somehow managed to persuade myself that maybe I just had the blues of some sort, in order for me to keep ploughing on. I know now however, that it's time for me to move on...
It's not just recent events that have pointed me to here, but for the last few months or so, I've been interneting less and less, and focussing on my other life; the one you guys all have too.
I don't know, I just get pretty down these days around here, and to be really honest, I feel I'm just getting a tad too old for this kind of stuff as well; I mean the music etc. I'm not really into Tom's stuff these days, and Mark's is a bit slow for me too. I wish you both well - I really, really do. People just move-on I guess, just like you too do!
The past few years have been full of ups & downs on here, and I now know what it feels like to be part of something really special. All good things usually come to an end at some point or other.
It's the start of a brand new year, and I have a great feeling about 2008. I wish each and every single one of you who will read this, a joyous, safe, prosperous, and above all, a happy, happy New Year. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
All the very best, take care, God bless, and may the funk, be with you, always.

Pees & Loaf,
mista sole
Last edited by Steve Sole on Wed 02 Jan, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Fri 28 Dec, 2007 2:23 am

Steve! You rotten, sniveling bastard. I've missed you!
I hear what you're saying on all counts. It's tough being honest in a forum like this because you're passionate about the music. Quite honestly, I want to vomit every time I see Tom Middleton dancing and posing in some youtube video while he's DJing, or hearing another horrible mash-up remix he's done. I'm a curmudgeon by nature, doesn't mean I don't respect the guy, but Mark's music is definitely what I'm into these days. There shouldn't be anything wrong with voicing displeasure, but I know you know that.
I think you're thinking too much about this. Just come back and be your beautiful and opinionated self. Just ask Dr. Blastik for your medicine.
Good to see you're alive!

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Mon 07 Jan, 2008 2:17 pm

I feel I'm just getting a tad too old for this kind of stuff as well; I mean the music etc.
:protest:

thewalker
Mosh
Mosh

Post by thewalker » Mon 07 Jan, 2008 9:25 pm

Suz wrote:
I feel I'm just getting a tad too old for this kind of stuff as well; I mean the music etc.
:protest:
Yep,
you better believe it, I went out with Mr Sole for New Years Eve. Paid for a ticket from New Zealand to ssssssscotland. It wernt cheap, i tells ya. He had promised "a propper bangin night oot"

like heck it was!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Adams and Celine Dion on the stereo.

The "club" was like a bloody bingo hall full of pensioners.

and it was all over by 11pm!!!!!!!!!!

ah well, the flight was fun.....

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Tue 08 Jan, 2008 12:40 am

yeah...it can be easy living on the edge :lol: :wink:
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Tue 08 Jan, 2008 7:48 pm

that is extremely bizarre! Is Steve possessed by Dick Clark? Perhaps we should perform an exorcism...

mattbirdfootball
Tebworth Massive

Post by mattbirdfootball » Sun 13 Jan, 2008 8:51 pm

Come on Mister Sole.
You cant leave a website - its not a geographical location.
You can of course decide to stop posting but why would you?
Surely your just depriving yourself of some friendly contact?
Why are you depressed?

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Fri 07 Mar, 2008 8:16 pm

Hi everyone!
Man, it's quiet around here...
This is the first time I've logged on since the beginning of January, and it's been killing me.
How is everyone?
I have been very, very busy. I've just spent the last three months getting my life into gear, and in that time, I've managed to move to the States (hi Blastik & Hayhook).
My new home is now Pittsburgh, PA, and me'self and my partner are to be wed on April 6th.
I can honestly tell you, that moving permanently to another country is something I really do not wish to do again. It's awfull, and I'm a little nervous, but it's all good!
I won't lie, and I'll whole heartedly admit to being an absolute basket-case towards the end of last year. I hadn't seen my partner in nearly eight months, I had a job that I hated, and to top that off my grandmother died, right in the middle of it all, and then Tom Middleton released Lifetracks under his own name I was a shambles! And one thing that you should know about me is that I take 'normal' things very, very seriously, and to be fair, it goes the other way too.
I have never felt in my entire life, the way I did last year. I was unhappy, frustrated, and going through life with my head, firmly up my rear. I'd also quit smoking that time too, and the booze also, and now I'm even off tea and coffee!. My life is very different to that of which it used to be.
But I'm good, and I feel great now.
One thing I've learned throughout it all, is that life sometimes throws you big spells of toughness. I'm sure you all know what that's like, and I am sorry if you lot have been like "what the phuck"...I just needed a little time-out, away from the web, and to just get my shneezle together.
I think I'm there now.
I hope!
I'm gonna try and stick around a wee bit, and stop taking stoopid sheet so seriously. I will try.
I promise.
I hope you're all well.

mista sole
be a force for peace