Oh, the memories

Shenanigans, Jiba jaba, Frolics

Moderator: chuckcogan

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Oh, the memories

Post by blastik » Mon 16 Dec, 2019 10:03 pm

Does anyone ever come on here and look through all the old posts they wrote from yesteryear? This forum was a lot of fun several years ago. I just reread the "wind it up" thread and laughed to myself. Are people still around? Does Mark ever pop in anymore? Steve? Hayhook?

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: Oh, the memories

Post by chuckcogan » Thu 19 Dec, 2019 12:47 pm

Not around all that often these days I'm afraid.
I use it as a point of reference a lot of the time :D
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Thu 19 Dec, 2019 9:02 pm

Good to see you, Chuck! That's too bad no one pops in much anymore. I think Mark being involved made it interesting for us back then. At least, that's how I felt.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Mon 23 Dec, 2019 7:23 am

I pop by every few weeks or so to catch up with any shenanigans - it’s been desperately quiet over the last few years, and I miss the banter and the crazy linkage to all things’ everything.

Besides Mark & Middleton, I’ve had a crazy few years - has anybody seen the new Star Wars yet?
It’s been so long here, that there hasn’t been anyone on this board since The Force Awakens - which was toilet, if I do say so myself; NOW, on the other hand, Rogue One was indeed the ducks-nuts, that reminds me - where’s Walker from NZ?
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Wed 08 Jan, 2020 9:12 pm

Hey, Steve! Long time no see. I can't even watch the new Star Wars flicks, they're just garbage in my opinion. I have a thin skin for remakes and re-dos and any film that has "man" and a number at the end, and any film that keeps regurgitating tired old ideas that were spent years ago. Thus, no thanks on the new Star Wars crap. I did watch the first two of the newer remakes and could hardly sit through them. I don't get it, man. In terms of films that I absolutely loved this past year, I would put The Lighthouse, Joker, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, and Irishman way up there at the top. Damn good films there, one and all!

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 7:33 pm

Blastik, I AM SO SORRY- for some reason, I completely missed your post here, and didn't reply.. so sorry man.
How you doing?
It honestly feels like a lifetime since there's been some decent action around here, and I think that's why I didn't bother to check back..
I also must have missed email notification of replies - again man, I'm really sorry!

What the phluck is going on in our world right now?
Who would have thought our little world would be in chaos - let alone the music on vinyl release of 76:14 - talk about drama!!

I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

Speaking of unauthorized releases of musical genius's music, I also noted A Collection Of Short Stories is in line for a re-release on MOV - will the madness ever stop!

I'll drop a link down in the collaboration page if anyone's interested!!

Anyway, sir, I hope you're ok, and please accept my most sincere apologies for not replying sooner..
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 7:46 pm

Hey, Steve! No worries, man, it's a bit of a ghost town around here. It's funny you pop up now, I was just talking to Mark yesterday on his Facebook page and you popped up into the conversation. He said you guys got together in NY a few years back? Are you still in Pittsburgh?

Yeah, the world is melting down, who knew this would be happening on our watches. Yeah, MOV is doing their level best to pump out sub-par reissues, definitely a disappointment. Are you picking up the box set on Evolution? At least that's an official reissue.

Glad to see you're alive, Steve!

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 7:59 pm

Good to hear from you man..

Yes, still in the Burgh - in 2022, it'll be 20 years - that's nuts!

Anyway, thanks for posting back so quickly - you're much better at this than me these days.. but I will be checking in a bit more from now on..

I did indeed meet Mark. P in NY a few years ago.
He was hosting a night to promote Under The Sun as part of the whole Red Bull music academy thing - quite an experience for me to finally meet him - I can now finally claim I've met both Global & Communication, but not at the same time.. :lol:

..and yes, I did order both vinyl and CD's of the upcoming 76:14 via Bleep - I must admit, I'm REALLY looking forward to this, especially as it's on black vinyl - none of this colored shizzle!!

I keep saying to myself that I'm not buying more vinyl, and then all this comes out.. what's a boy to do..

Anyway, amazing to hear from you big fella, and we'll try and stay in touch a wee bit more often..
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Tue 23 Jun, 2020 8:12 pm

Yes, let's keep in touch! I'll send you a PM, too, I have a few connections in Pittsburgh, if I make it out there we're definitely getting together.

I pre-ordered the box set as well, even though I already have everything on it! It's worth it just for Pentamerous alone for me. The original vinyl press of that was never too great. I agree on all the colored vinyl crap, enough! Just give us the black and enough with the hack.

Alright, Steve, later!