Amba -- complete tracks

Amba, Cosmos, Mod Wheel, E621, Rhebus Project, Schizophrenia, Fogcity, Robortom, PTB, Lovelife

Moderator: chuckcogan

akkeri

Amba -- complete tracks

Post by akkeri » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 6:56 am

hi all --

how many complete Amba tracks have we been treated to? by complete i mean unmixed, not as part of a DJ set.

the only two i have are Heart of Glass and Black Mountains. have any others been stuck up on this forum in the past? i'd love to get a few more with the intros/outros intact... so i can make up a little CD of Amba tracks to tide me over til the album release.

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 11:25 am

Hi, Akkeri.

Astral Projection - The Trip (Family)
Moonbathing -
The Sound Of The Cosmos (Hooj Choons)
Freezone 6: Fourth Person Singular (SSR)
Black Mountains/To The Grave - The Fire This Time (Hidden Art)
Margherita - Fabric 26 - Global Communication (Fabric London)
Enchanting -
The Big Chill: Enchanted 01 (Big Chill Recordings)
The Big Chill: Glisten (Big Chill Recordings)
Hally Lullaby - RDB01 (Trust The DJ)
St. Ives Bay - The Big Chill - iChill (Big Chill Recordings)
Aural Sedative - A Jedi's Night Out (DMC/Mixer)
Sea Of Glass (as yet unreleased)
Yearning (as yet unreleased??)

Please add to this if you can relay any others.....
Last edited by mista guest on Mon 10 Jul, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

akkeri

Post by akkeri » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 12:37 pm

hey Mista --

thanks for the list... but most of them are, as you say, from mixed comps. i was wondering how many complete tracks we have, without bits of other songs mixed into the beginnings and ends. i want to hear the intros and outros, not just the middle!

am i making sense or is the way i've phrased it kinda unclear?...

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 3:46 pm

"Stay" & "Angel Duz Disco" aint Tom's tracks
but from another group named Amba: http://www.garageband.com/artist/amba
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 5:27 pm

That's cool man.
All tracks are listed on http://www.last.fm/music/Amba and I thought there was only one such arteest.
My bad, should have checked it out a little more....... :?
Was actually realy looking forward to hearing 'Angel Duz Disco'.
Ah well.

Thanks for the right direction on it Mr. Cogan.

P.S. Does anyone have the complete list?
I reckon I have about seven of'em.
If we can get them all together, maybe we'll manage to post a link around here, and share the lot!!
What does people think?

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 6:03 pm

oh and you forgot the little jazzbass goodie: Amba - St. Ives Bay
ohhhh what a lovely sound :D
peace & respect
// chuck cogan

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 6:45 pm

:wink:

inky
Teq
Teq

Post by inky » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 1:29 pm

Hey Mista; thankyou so much for Sea Of Glass!!!!
Wow, what a lovely tune...

There's also a track called "Yearning" that was broadcast on Tom's One World Show last time, which is wonderful! And possibly another broadcast on his 6mix show, although i never got to hear that and can't find mention of a tracklist anymore...
I agree with you Akkeri: i'd love to here Amba unmixed. Music has (or ought to have) beginnings, middles and ends and while i like to hear a good dj mixing well, i'd rather hear a complete track, given the choice (which sadly is very rarely... :cry: )
As for Mista's (very fine) list, at least Moonbathing (on freezone), St Ives Bay and Aural Sedative are complete/unmixed (as far as i can tell!) Sadly, Black Mountains is edited (!), and Hally Lullaby sounds like its actually only an intro to something more upbeat in it's original form as it fades out... I've not heard 'Glisten'; can anyone say if it's mixed or not? i'd love to know...
Still, you've got to wish Mr M all the best finding a label. Although as someone who's spent most of my working life dealing with major labels, i really hope for his sake, and the sake of his music he goes with a smaller label. You can imagine a major marketing it as a 'classical' album alongside Adiemus and shit like that - music for people who don't like music???!? (And then they will only bury it if it doesn't sell loads, or force him to produce identical copies of it if it's a success!) And surely, after what happened to the Cosmos with Universal album, he won't want to go through all that again!
Not that i want to sound negative or anything...

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 2:46 pm

Hi, Inky.
Absolutely no worries with posting the track. All thanks to Tom Middleton though for compostion and sharing. Just glad to help I was.....YEEEES (a la Yoda :wink:).
I went to look for 'Yearning' on the mixingbowl, but by the looks of things, it may be closed down for a while (grrrr :(). I will keep looking for the file release, either mp3 or legit, and update the list above if I can hunt it down.
I also totally agree with the fact that we should try and gather as much info about tracks being 'solo' or 'mixed', and I will try and update things too in those regards.

:D

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 6:11 pm

well you can thank brallaar for the "One World Show" mista if you like ;)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BMZ6BFL1

Tracklisting:

Code: Select all

::: 21/02/2005
::: Tom Middleton

Ludacris - "Potion"
Benoit Charest - "Belle Ville Rendezvous"
Bebel Gilberto - "Simples Mentes"
"Second Sight" - Fukutomi Remix - Infracom
Plej - "Jabo's Night Out"
Bjorn Elevators - Untitled
Annie - "Heartbeat"
Killers - "Somebody Told Me"
Agorarhythm - "Circles
Outkast "The Way You Move"
Spektrum - "Live & Bump"
Chemical Brothers - Galvanize (bootleg)
Cosmos - Beginning of the Middle
Lemon Jelly - "Go"
Danny Breaks - "Windscreen Wiper"
Foreign Exchange - "Come Around"
Fire Department - "Fire Department"
Troubleman - "Paz"
Home - "Follet De Toi"
Nina Gordon - Straight Out of Compton
Ukulele Orchestra - Miss Dynamite
Chicken Rhythm
Mr Magoo
Alucidnation - "The Blue"
Amba - "Yearning"
Isao Tomita - Clair de Lune 
peace & respect
// chuck cogan

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Sun 09 Jul, 2006 6:20 pm

On it!!

Thanks guys.

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 10 Jul, 2006 2:40 am

inky wrote: And surely, after what happened to the Cosmos with Universal album, he won't want to go through all that again!
can you elaborate?

didn't know about this. only knew it was supposed to come out like 4 years ago and then never did...

inky
Teq
Teq

Post by inky » Mon 10 Jul, 2006 8:24 pm

I don't recall where i heard it (i thought it was on here somewhere)...
And i really don't want to be spreading gossip that's untrue...
but i thought he was signed to universal, spent ages doing the album (i remember him saying radio interview last year that he'd finnished it) then nothing.
i guess i assumed that when they finally heard it, they decided it wasn't what they wanted, and that's why we never got to hear it...

If i've just put 2 and 2 together and got 8, then i do apologise to Tom and everyone else. I used to work for Universal (albeit on the classical side at Decca) so i'm probably very bitter and biased, so maybe you should just ignore this!
I've known people to get signed with an exclusive 5 year deal, then have the label decide they don't want to record anything but won't let the artist out of their contract so they just have to stagnate for those years, watching their careers go down the toilet. The trouble with A&R people is that they're essentially insecure and rarely have the courage of their own convictions. They keep people locked in contracts cos even though they don't want to release something, they certainly don't want anyone else to release it, have a success and prove them wrong. And i guess that's why they're always playing safe.
I'm not saying that this is what happened to Tom's album though; just got carried away on one of my own pet themes...
Anyway, sorry for being so negative and cynical...
Ironically, one of the things i love about Tom's music (and Mark's) is that it's not at all cynical; so maybe there's hope for me yet!!!
Anyway... love to all you wonderful people out there :D

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Mon 10 Jul, 2006 8:43 pm

You to man, you too

:D

adey
Teq
Teq

Post by adey » Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:36 pm

For me Astral Projection is top to the Amba tracks for me. It's faultless and you can close your eyes and get totally lost in thought :D
"life moves pretty fast, you don't stop and take a look around once in a while, you could miss it"