Remember the love

Amba, Cosmos, Mod Wheel, E621, Rhebus Project, Schizophrenia, Fogcity, Robortom, PTB, Lovelife

Moderator: chuckcogan

jcfromparis
Peschi
Peschi

Remember the love

Post by jcfromparis » Sat 17 Jan, 2009 10:48 am

Is out on Beatport.
http://www.iomusic.co.uk/
No words about a proper 12" or a cd release though.
There are two white labels 12".

http://www.lofly.net/ecards/2008/rtl/rtl_player.html

jedi4q2
Peschi
Peschi

Re: Remember the love

Post by jedi4q2 » Sat 24 Jan, 2009 8:58 pm

talk about overpriced.

discotechnological
Teq
Teq

Post by discotechnological » Thu 05 Mar, 2009 10:47 am

I got a 5 track promo cd off eBay for 99p. woop!
I don't mind sharing it if anyone's interested

shinypouch

Post by shinypouch » Wed 11 Mar, 2009 10:59 pm

That sounds truly awful. From The Way to... the NO Way!

Its akin to... Paul McArtney being the man who wrote Yesterday... and Spies Like Us!

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Sun 15 Mar, 2009 10:22 pm

lol

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Mon 16 Mar, 2009 2:15 am

I think the track's pretty guff as well, but you have to admit, that he was one of only a very few who actually acknowledged the 20 year anniversary of the second summer of luv and done something to commemorate it.
I did find Remember The Love pretty hard to swallow, but at least he done something! I think you also have to remember that a load of new-timers are now getting into the whole scene, and it is nice for even one big Dee Jay to let them in on a little madness from way'back!
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Tue 17 Mar, 2009 5:55 am

I was going to reserve opinion for this, but screw it...this is terrible. Just plain awful. I've said this before, but I wish Tom would knock it off. Pumping out the exact same remix for ten straight years is just irresponsible. He's so much better than this. I can see what Steve is saying, but jesus christ....

How's it going, Stevie?

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 17 Mar, 2009 11:08 pm

Life is good, matey, how about you?
Working two jobs right now and feeling pretty knackered but it's all good!
We're trying to save for a house, but we both love Olive Garden too much, so maybe next year.
I'm just really settling in here in PA. I'm also getting fat! My brother reckons I look like a snake that swallowed a rat. My wife thinks I look pretty damned sexy though, so I'm with her on that one. Your food here in this country is incredible.
How are you doing? Do you miss me?
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Wed 18 Mar, 2009 8:18 pm

oh, everything is fine at the moment. Just finishing up school, and I'm not looking forward to entering a job market that is f*cked at best. Olive Garden?? Is that the best Pennsylvania has to offer you? I don't mind Olive Garden as long as I'm in the mood for listening to screaming children and shitting grease for a week straight! Was your town all pumped up after the Steelers won the superbowl? You live in Pittsburgh, right?
Yep, I miss you and the spirited conversation around here in general. Let's liven things up, eh?
You look like a snake that swallowed a rat, huh? Sounds like you've officially become an American! Pretty soon you'll be wandering around strip malls searching for big-and-tall sized clothes, and rushing home to watch Dancing With the Stars.... :wink:

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 18 Mar, 2009 10:47 pm

Olive Garden's great! Maybe a wee bit too expensive, but the food there is top-notch.
I also really enjoy a full rack of ribs, but Applebee's stopped doing beans with them so I have to head to other eateries for my baby-backs.
Don't fret about a job. I've got two of'em just now and you'll be absolutely fine. What are you doing at school?
The Steelers win was indeed tremendous. I have absolutely no idea what that crazy game is all about, but I did watch a good chunk of the Super Bowl and I was pretty engrossed in the whole thing.
Wee Santonio is indeed a wee rocket. The guy's great! It was also really nice to see Ben Hambusburger on a packet of Beef Jerky shortly after. I was almost tempted, but I refrained.
It was a great win for da'Burgh though and everyone was pumped up to vuck before and after. A nice time. Not as nice as Obamba winning but pretty close. I wonder what he'd think of Global Communication?
It looks like this place has had a nice little boost over the last week or so. It's been awesome to see.
Great to view all the old'timers on here (like yourself) and yes, I'd love to get my gnashers into something pretty rowdy, but I'll wait....to choose my battle.

:wink:
be a force for peace

tom the jedi
Cosmos
Cosmos

Post by tom the jedi » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 8:11 pm

lol

well, i challenge any of you lot "not feeling" remember the love to 'make a track' in 60 mins LIVE in front of an audience, (including the biggest names in dance!), as a tribute to 20 years of acid house, clearly referencing old school '88 anthems, then auction it and donate procedes to charity..
and if you don't believe me it was filmed and is on myspace.

begs the question why should i bother posting on here..or uploading music for nothing..

not interested in responses to this, just thought I'd have a casual look through the posts..only to find destructive opinions which you're perfectly entitled to.

fare well folks
may you find whatever it is your heart desires and it fills your soul with joy..

Ancient
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Ancient » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 9:19 pm

Don't take it personal - we still love you.

Me particularly for the 'Utopia' mix. :love7:
(it's a picture of Mrs Mills by the way)

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 08 Apr, 2009 11:56 pm

I have to check out that you tube. That's amazing that that track was made that way. I didn't know.
It takes me months to make tracks that aren't even 1/100th up to par with that.

I've been LOVING that old school mix on your myspace Tom too!

Glad to see you in the forums. It's been awhile
(sorry the love wasn't being remembered by some of your fans for this track...)

KNow you are still tops in my book. I CAN'T WAIT to catch your set in NY this month WAHOOO!

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Re: Remember the love [A Moth to the flame...]

Post by darlo » Thu 09 Apr, 2009 8:03 am

My 2 pence.....

I think the issue has been, that people heard the track out of the context that it was created. People may have still not liked (me included) but they would have been less frank or kept their opinions to themselves.

We are all guilty around here of hankering to the past and find it difficult to move on musically where you and Mark are concerned. I'm afraid rightly or wrongly you will always be bench marked against the work that was done in the 90's.

At the end of the day you are the top flight DJ/Producer and celeb and who are we (*cogan excluded* :D )?

Please don't take it to heart.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 09 Apr, 2009 2:02 pm

I agree with Darlo on this one.
I never knew anything about the whole affair being a charity thing - you did keep that pretty under wraps - and most of us even drop by your MySpace page too - so it looks as though it's pretty fair to assume you kept it quiet, probably on purpose, and good on you for that!
BUT, as Darlo also points out, the track has your name on it, and all those nice people over on Myspace who never say anything derogatory about your work will always love whatever you offer them, because of that name. But it's also healthy to have a little bite at the hand that sometimes feeds you - and that seems to be over here where all of us are - (good or bad), but you should know that by now; in fact I know you know that by now, as the few times you have appeared here is usually to promote something, or go nuts about something that rattles your own cage; either way, it's pretty much said over here the way it is, and you should be big enough to take it right on the chin, as it does unfortunately go with your particular territory - not only that, but we know what we're talking about because we're been with you for most of your career, and we know how good you can get with your music, and if most of us are telling you Remember The Love is bad, then you better believe it!
We'll also be the very first to tell you how good something is of yours too - you know that!
From my own personal point of view, I've lost a lot of respect for you, and Remember The Love is a good example of why, and yesterdays rant by you only reaffirms that too. You come across now as an 'artist' who lives in his own universe, and I feel you've lost touch with a lot of what originally made you so special. That really sucks, Tom from someone who absolutely adored you - it does!
I don't mind a good rattle around here. Mark Pritchard has been in a good few of'em, and still he's so utterly cool with always remembering his own past whilst living day to day into the future, and remain sternly down to earth as he goes, and he always seems to never forget us, or run aways when one of us rattles his own feathers (usually me). That is absolutely awesome.

I hope YOU are the one to find everything your heart desires - probably aided on MySpace where the sun will always shine for you. It probably is goodbye, young Jedi, but as you leave us, please also take with you the kindness and caring we've all felt for you at some point or another, and note to yourself that we probably will never give up on a certain Tom The Jedi, and that's no more so apparent than what's going on right now over on the new site - in yours and Mark. P's honor, and above all - memory.

May the force be with you, young Jedi, I think you need it.
be a force for peace