Untold

Harmonic 313, Troubleman, NY Connection, Roberto Edwardo Turner, Reload, Link, Mystic Institute, Harmonic 33, Use of Weapons, Chaos & Julia Set, Series 7, Pulusha, Vertigo, Africa HiTech, 28 East Boyz, Shaft

Moderator: chuckcogan

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Untold

Post by mark p » Wed 27 Jan, 2010 4:39 pm

I highly recommend this guys stuff on 135-140 tempo. His last ep was wicked as well. There is a remix of dj eastwood coming that is nuts by him soon also.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=247228

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: Untold

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 03 Feb, 2010 3:20 am

...you'd be better off listening to me doing a big jobby down the toilet... :D
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 4:45 am

Pitched up the Untold track, sounds crazy for sure. Great track to get the crowds pumped up for sure. I'm checking out his other stuff as I type. Unlike the tone deaf Steve Sole, I'm digging it!
Hey Steve, your Shamen record is on the way. Pray that I didn't leave any stinky delights in there with it!

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 8:07 am

...lovely to see you too and a very big phucq yoo on it's way as well... :D
Seriously though, it's nice to see some life around here. I keep logging on and expecting the place to be closed one of these days... :?
Thanks for the record man!
I will try and get your little pack off this weekend - please God!

All the best.

PS. I hope things are improving at your end.
be a force for peace

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 5:41 pm

I reckon Steve just likes to Wind me up now. As he has lost all hope in me making a decent record haha.
I will not rise to your comments anymore Steve. Unless you have something positive to say why bother.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 6:32 pm

Hello, Mr. Mark.

Nice to see you. Actually, it really is!
I know I have a way with my words, but once again I have not attacked your own music making skillz - this time it was someone elses.
The record to me sounded like music that was made for someone who is musically miles away from what I love about music in the first place.
I do not dig dubstep as for me it's too close to hip hop which you know is not a flavor for me either.
I've been brought up in Glasgow, which predominately is a house and techno city. Outside of Detroi8t, there really is no place like Glasgow for decent and up to date four to the floor music.
I want you to understand that being also from Glasgow, we all tend to speak our minds and do it in a very brash way. Especially if we're really passionate about something. You may reply with "well, why not just do it in a nice way", and I would say that this is simply one of the many wonders that is us!
Not all of us, but a fair few of us.
I get so fed up with just being nice to keep some kind of peace that it drives me nuts.

You've made your stand, so here's mine....

As from now, if you or the other one release a great track that I really like, you better believe I'm gonna tell you about it.
On the other hand, if you make a pile of piss, you also better believe you're gonna hear about it.
No more phucking about!
I do not care if you like this or you don't!

You want me to stop slagging you off, then make some decent music again. Please.
be a force for peace

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 7:00 pm

If you can be bothered watch this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO_jmUDaHSA
Its on a slightly different tip but the sentiment is the same as what i feel about your comments.
Stephen fry can put things a lot better than i can.
I Don't want to argue with you. It's always going to be the same outcome and its a waste of energy.

Its so easy to just say, i don't like it. Or it's not my kinda thing or i don't really get it. It probably takes less energy than saying something negative. When you do you are only really hurting yourself anyway.
If you said to me - Mark i don't really like your Harmonic 313 album, i prefer the Global stuff or whatever.
Id be like fair enough, or if you said, I didn't really like that Untold track, i don't really like dubstep or hiphop as you said later, then fair enough again.
I just wanted to shout about something that i felt was interesting. Of coarse you have the right to not like it.
Some people may check it and be into it and thats great. I love hearing music suggestions from people and discovering new things, thats what its about for me.
But saying its a pile of shit or whatever just because you don't like it - thats just being a W^nker. Nothing to do with Glasgow or anything.
But anyway as i said above this is the same argument as we had before.
Ive called you a w$nker you'll get upset and then slag me off again and say that i have some ego problem and i should go and check my myspace lovers that just big me up. Don't worry my Partner is from Glasgow and she takes the piss out of me and makes sure that i don't get carried away any ego stroking stuff.

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 7:50 pm

PS I am not going to say another word on the subject.

Actually, Say what you want Steve, I'll just ignore it. Easier.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 04 Feb, 2010 8:02 pm

...you big sissy!

For someone who's not going to talk about something ever again, you do a fair amount of trying... :D
I reckon you love a rile just as much as I do! I'll bet you do infact!

Get off your horse and stop taking me (of all people so seriously).
The Glasgow thing is mightly true, but we also get over things pretty quick and move right along. We don't sit there and dwell and dwell on stupid shit people have said about their MySpace pages or loads of other stuff.

I don't want to be like you, talking about wasting energy and crap like that. Get straight to the point and cut that crap!

For someone who's so laid back and on some kind of ball, you fair got a huge hair up your bum when it comes to me.

Lighten up ya fanny!

PS. I hope you do reply and also hope you guys are doing well down there.

So THERE!
be a force for peace

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Fri 05 Feb, 2010 8:04 pm

...maybe you could get a night playing here... :D

be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Sat 06 Feb, 2010 12:54 pm

Damn, Steve. You honestly can't find ANYthing positive about Mark's recent music? I simply can't believe that. Can't you just sit back and appreciate the top production that Mark is capable of? I love four to the floor music as much as the next guy, but why should anyone do that day in and day out? I mean, go listen to Tom's music if that's what you want. I'm gonna come to Pittsburgh some time, strap you down in a chair, and blare the last Harmonic 313 album in your ears until you get it. You gotta evolve the music, dude, pure and simple.
I love you, Mark. And I know you won't let comments like that go to your head, which is a reason why I love you. Keep mixing shit up, keep us on our toes, and floor us with those top productions skills of yours. Steve will come around eventually. He's a tad slow, but he'll catch up!
Oh, I played an Untold track in my set tonight, crowd loved it! Thanks for the tip...

P.S. Steve, life is turning around for the better already! I'm working! Proof that miracles can happen (i.e., you can enjoy Mark's music).

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Sat 06 Feb, 2010 4:07 pm

Hahaha thats quite funny.

http://www.boomkat.com/item.cfm?id=236614

One last try to see if you can get the music, check these tracks. This is probably one of the freshest releases of last year. Its 140 ish bpm, i don't really like to call it dubstep as that kind of Degrades it. Not that Dubstep is shit, but if you listen to the majority of it, its not in a great place at the moment. If you dig a bit deeper there are some interesting tracks around the edges of the Dubstep scene. The other thing to remember though as a lot of this music needs to be heard on a good system. Its sounds completely different when you hear it in a club.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Sat 06 Feb, 2010 9:17 pm

...ok, I'm gonna give it a go!

I'll be back!
be a force for peace

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Sun 07 Feb, 2010 4:38 am

Ok. This stuff is just not for me.
I've tried on a good few occasions now but I'm just not getting it!
I'm sorry.

I will not slag off Dubstep any more as if nothing else over the last while, I've come to realize that's ok.
I am really looking forward however to the new Reload LP (I can't wait for that), and I really do love some of your Harmonic 33 stuff (and 313 too).

I just tend to exaggerate my dislikes, primarily to get some blood flowing around here from time to time, and I am really sorry I've pissed you off!
I promise I will try to improve on that and be more mellow.

I think Blastik has a good understanding of what I'm like, even if we haven't met - he'll just tell me to shut it and that will be the end of it!
You should too!

I love the shit out of you man, I really do. You are my hero - along with Miditron too - you guys have rocked my little world in ways no woman on this fine Earth ever will, and that's pretty cool!

I guess I'm just an old fashioned Glesga Techno boy.

:?
be a force for peace

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Sun 07 Feb, 2010 11:24 am

Mark,

Why don't you just release a sample set of Reload/Link Boinks,Clonks and wooshes etc. That way Steve can make the Reload album in is head and you can carry on moving off in to new directions . :wink:

And you never replied to my message/sycophantic rant/cry for help ya basterd :lol: