Harmonic 313 Album

Harmonic 313, Troubleman, NY Connection, Roberto Edwardo Turner, Reload, Link, Mystic Institute, Harmonic 33, Use of Weapons, Chaos & Julia Set, Series 7, Pulusha, Vertigo, Africa HiTech, 28 East Boyz, Shaft

Moderator: chuckcogan

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Harmonic 313 Album

Post by mark p » Mon 18 Aug, 2008 8:08 pm

Is Done.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: Harmonic 313 Album

Post by Steve Sole » Mon 18 Aug, 2008 8:37 pm

Any sneaky previews for the Reloadonliner's?

...you know you want too? :lol:
be a force for peace

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:24 am

Are you going to do anything online like with the last EP, i.e., bonus tracks, etc.?
Can't wait!

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 20 Aug, 2008 2:30 am

holy toledo

can't wait!

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Tue 02 Sep, 2008 1:00 am

Bad news, the album was going to be November but now the plan is that there will be a 12" in November and then the album at the end of Jan or early Feb, bit gutted as i worked my arse off to hit the deadline for this year but i've been assured that if i release at the end of November the album will be lost in Christmas holidays and the slowness New years. :shock: The 12" will have one album track and 2 or 3 non album tracks one of them being Arc light.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 02 Sep, 2008 3:41 pm

That's cool!

Do you do your music now still in Logic, and are you still doing everything freestyle, to give it that un sequenced kinda vibe?
Also, what kind of speakers/monitors have you got?
Can I ask also, what kind of sound card do you use?
be a force for peace

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Tue 02 Sep, 2008 7:01 pm

Well, as a bonus for us we get 2 Harmonic 313 releases in the next year instead of one.

bummer Mark, but I can't wait for new musics from you whether 12" or LP.

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Thu 04 Sep, 2008 3:45 pm

seems like this is the case with warp with your last couple of releases, no?

Or is that just the case with record labels in general?

Wisp's New LP on Rephlex was supposed to drop last Spring and now it's being listed as "soon" but as an EP as well.

hmmm

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Thu 18 Sep, 2008 3:31 pm

It was more to do with Nov/Dec and Early Jan has never been a good time to release as lots of people are on Holiday and the music industry gears towards big christmas hits and that effects even underground music as the bigger labels do deals with the bigger music chains. Or something like that anyway. Warp were just worried it would suffer being released late November.

Do you do your music now still in Logic, and are you still doing everything freestyle, to give it that un sequenced kinda vibe?

I dont know what you mean by un sequenced vibe, its just some of the tracks have a different feel, not straight quantized or even swing quantized.
Its just playing with timing shifting things back or forward, to try and get interesting grooves. Sometimes i do play stuff in live, sometimes i draw in the drums and they start off sort of quantized and regimented but then i start delaying things to get the feel i want.
If only more people other than hiphop producers would start to think about experimenting with feel, maybe there would be some interesting dance music again. The same thing dilla was doing in hiphop for years can be applied to any music, and you can take it as far as you want. Look at Theo Parrish's music for example, people freak out about his music, and its because he puts some interesting feel into it. It has soul to it. 99% of the 4/4 i hear sound like nothing to me. Somehow i've started ranting, sorry ill stop now.

Also, what kind of speakers/monitors have you got?

I've been using Tannoy System 8's for about 10 years, the older grey granite looking version.

Can I ask also, what kind of sound card do you use?

Im using a Motu hd 192 and a 2496 Motu, clocked by a Apogee Big ben clock, They run off a card called a 424 card. They sound good, but i would recommend the Rme Fireface 800 for the money. Im looking to upgrade next year. The motu's are decent especially with the apogee but id like to step up to
something better, basically the better the sound card the less you have to do. I'm working at 24bit 96khz which has made a massive difference. Alot of people argue whats the point as at the end of the day its going to end up 16bit 44.1khz or worse. But i cut vinyl still so im just delivering more information and detail.
And it wont be long before people make the jump from 16bit 44.1khz to higher rates, the same thing is happening in film with high def. Trust me 24bit 96khz does make a big difference, and you can go up much higher than that, but my computer just handles working at 24 96. Higher than it would crap out.
It also fills up your hard drive quickly, im always battling to make space.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Fri 19 Sep, 2008 4:53 am

...you're a right down to Earth, little soul, Mr. Mark Pritchard.... always willing to just be your good self. Thanks so much for sharing some insight into your music making. Amasing!
My life has been upside down over the last few years, and things are slowly beginning to fall back down to here on this fine planet of ours. I never did get my paws on the Emulator, or the Roland MV8800, but the missus is starting to inquire as to what Santa is bringing me this year, and I think I'm heading for this: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CREATIVE-70EM89 ... dZViewItem
to get me started, and maybe a pair of new monitors. I seen a pair of yours on the eBay and I'm tempted to go with your recommendation on the Tannoys.

Thanks again for your voice.
be a force for peace

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Sat 29 Nov, 2008 4:52 am

Wahoooooo! Harmonic 313 up on Bleep! Dirtbox what what!

Mark you are the kinG what a lovely tgiving present....

thewalker
Mosh
Mosh

Post by thewalker » Sat 20 Dec, 2008 10:41 am

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=10039

Mark Pritchard is set to unveil his debut full-length as Harmonic 313 early next year.

Pritchard may be best known as one-half of Global Communication, but his ever-wandering muse has seen him also gravitate towards hip-hop—most notably in his Harmonic 33 project with Dave Brinkworth. 2008 saw him go further into the genre with the unveiling of Harmonic 313, which saw the producer also taking cues from electronic productions coming out of Detroit (hence the 313 tag).

Pritchard's debut full-length under the name, When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence, is a continuation of the EPs that he's already released on Warp already, so listeners can expect a bass-heavy album that draws parallels with recent material from Glasgow's LuckyMe collective (i.e. Rustie, Mike Slott and fellow Warp artist Hudson Mohawke).

Tracklist
01. Dirtbox
02. Cyclotron
03. No Way Out
04. Music Substitute System
05. Köln
06. Galag-a
07. Word Problems
08. Battlestar feat. Phat Kat & Elzhi
09. Cyclotron C64 Sid
10. Call to Arms
11. Flaash
12. Don't Panic
13. Falling Away feat. Steve Spacek
14. When Machines Exceed Human Intelligence
15. Quadrant 3

Warp will release Harmonic 313's When Machines exceed Human Intelligence on February 3, 2009.

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Sat 20 Dec, 2008 4:29 pm

Wahoo!

robertgraff

Post by robertgraff » Sat 10 Jan, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey Mark, great news on the album

Being the geeky record trainspotter that I am, I noticed that a track that you had originally called "The Dawn" now has a Steve Spacek vocal and has been renamed "Falling Away"

Personally, I really like the instrumental; Is it available to buy anywhere, or is there any chance it might be coming out on a future single?

:book:

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Sun 11 Jan, 2009 2:22 am

Hi Robert,
The Japanese version has the Instrumental as a bonus track, i would like to make it available digitally at some point also.
Mark