The Theory Of Evolution: Who has this LP? Opinions?

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 5:53 am

there's definitely some good country out there.

johnny cash catalog
dolly parton's grass is blue & little sparrow albums
loretta lynn's van lear rose

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 7:23 am

Ahh I see :

I agree blastik I re-read the post and the Ramones, Green Day are not.

Hey thats a different argument alltogether. Thats the agument: "What? just music!, sorry sir if its not labelled you can't listen to it here I'm affraid"

If you take it further who is to say that the preconceived labels that exist are correct?

Why can't GD be punk? who says?

Shit, we are all flawed and I'm one big contradiction but it's pointless arguing as I'm right and you will never win :la:

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 9:38 am

Mark Pritchard, I am gonna come down there, with the biggest cowbell ever, and the craziest brown wig you ever did see, and I'm gonna stand outside your front door at three in the morning and beat that bell like the man possesed I truly am!

What the hell is going on here? Jonny Cash is not country - the man would be turning in his grave. It's plain to hear the man's heart is in folk music; you know, that lovely compilation you did with all those other folkey tunes on there too??

Hayhook! Jeezo - man, you're doing too much jumping about with that troupe of yours. DOLLY PARTON!! Christ man - THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING :shock: :shock: :shock: My Mum's away to see Dolly on Friday in Belfast - my MOTHER!!!

Honest to God, have you'z all gone completely mad, over the space of 24 hours!

Where's Cogan and Walker to sort all this out?
be a force for peace

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 11:31 am

*ahem* pssst

'Ere Mista, It was Hayhook that mentioned Mr Cash not Mark. :wink:

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 12:02 pm

Yeah, too right!
Mr. Pritchard was too busy going on about some bobbins about some dude called Cliff!
The whole thing is seriously phuecked-up :D

...and by the way, I'm Steve Sole :wink: and don't you forget it :)
be a force for peace

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 12:48 pm

All i'm going to say is that it all boils down to personal preference as we are all wired differently.

I don't care whether someone is a genre expert or a pure chart lover. If they say something is good then that is for me to decide – if I don't like it I don't like it. People can't help how their bodies react to a piece of music.

At the same time I think people can appreciate a piece of music but not neccesarily like it. But again everyone brings their own knowledge and experience into the equation.

I like this forum because I am connecting with people who like a lot of the same stuff as me which is great because it can feel quite lonely out there when I'm surrounded by people who don't always share the same tastes.

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 1:19 pm

You mean you didn't come here for the bickering,name calling and abuse that is hurled around every few months :wink:

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 1:34 pm

Nothing like a bit of craziness to spice the internet up now and then.
I hate this place when everyone is walking around like zombies going "yes, we all agree on absolutely everything, and yes, I feel the love so very much with you, cause we're agreeing on absolutely everything and it just makes me feel so very special and cozzy fine, do you feel it too, cause you must, cause we are agreeing on everything and yes, Mark Pritchard's new remix is just so lovely and nice and what a nice job he has done on that remix, and ok Tom Miditon doesn't like us all, but that is ok cause we have Mark Pritchard here, and everything is just absolutely swell.....all the time", and it drives me phucking nutz cause I need a little bit of change now and then in my life; I'm so sorry, but I really do; and I do think I love Mark Pritchard.

So there!
be a force for peace

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 2:23 pm

Steve Sole I hate this place when everyone is walking around like zombies going "yes, we all agree on absolutely everything
That's fair enough but I hate this place when people talk down to others – there's a way of saying things to people. No one should be put down for having an opinion... IMHO

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 2:37 pm

...and by the way going back to the original post on here I've finally had the chance to listen to The Theory of Evolution and I was a bit disappointed. I appreciate that there's some experimental stuff on there. I liked a few of the tracks but most of them just didn't do anything for me. Stuff like Royal Wedding took me back to when I studied music and had to come up with a rhythm using non-conventional methods. It was also quite eery hearing Di's voice!

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 6:00 pm

Ah, Suz, don't take it all to heart so much. We're all just having a bit of friendly banter just now, and it's been well over dew if you ask me.
As Blastik so correctly pointed out; if there's one place on the web where lovers of the best electronic music on the planet are bound to congregate, surely it must be here, and with that in mind, there's bound to be quibbles every now and then, and things usually get a little heated too, but that's all good! The way I look at it is:
at least now, it's been done! The two worst possible bands have been mentioned, and everything's ok now, cause it's all out in the open. It just can't get any worse than those two bands. So, with that in mind, look at it like it's just uphill from now on. Smiles all around for everyone .
Actually I think Tiesto was in there too, so I'll take all that back!

I think I hear the Jaws music coming.
be a force for peace

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 6:22 pm

I suppose sarcasm is really hard to portait on here. But I have learn't my lesson the hard way here not to.

1. Take this board too seriously
2. Take myself too seriously
3. Call anything a bootleg :thumbright:

perhaps you should change your name Mista to Steve Troll :lol:

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 6:40 pm

I have to say that Johnny Cash is country, but so blastin' good that his work transends its little ghetto of original classification and just becomes GREAT MUSIC.

I must admit I am not a giant fan of Dolly's 9 to 5 era stuff, but the Grass is Blue and Little Sparrow both trend to the blue grass side of things and are just immaculate. (and Grass is Blue won a Grammy) you wanna talk emotional commitment to music, there's no one else with more)

The Loretta Lynn album was produced by Jack White, stripped down to the bare minimum, just Lorretta and her guitar more or less, and is quite strong.

And if anyone should be railing against country music, it's the one time shoe-gazer/new waver from WYOMING who grew up with only one wish, to get the hell out of WYOMING and away from the GOD AWFUL music they listen to there. Yet I can still appreciate the artisty of a few country Musicians. (Still can't stand the majority of the fan base though)

Now, I don't listen to or really like Green Day, but in Green Day's defense, hopefully a fan of the Green Day will eventually want to dig a little deeper and will find the Ramones and the Clash and DK etc, and realize they've been duped. I would like to think of them as a stepping stone for the top -40 crowd to better taste in Music.

My 20 cents

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 6:58 pm

Steve Sole Ah, Suz, don't take it all to heart so much.
(said whilst patting her on the head)

That's rich coming from someone who has posted several grumpy rants on here! :wink:

Did the Green Day/Oasis mash up in my earlier post not make you smile? That was my attempt to lighten the mood but you were obviously too busy ranting to notice :wink:

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 28 Mar, 2007 7:07 pm

I'm not familiar with the green day track to make the comparrison, but I like the story suz