The Theory Of Evolution: Who has this LP? Opinions?

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

drukQs12

The Theory Of Evolution: Who has this LP? Opinions?

Post by drukQs12 » Thu 01 Mar, 2007 3:37 pm

I just recently found this at my pawn shop still in the wrapper for 5 bucks. Listened to it: totally freaking awesome.
Lets drop some Aphex acid.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Thu 01 Mar, 2007 5:52 pm

:D :D ahh, you got there in the end!! :D :D

welcome :!:
be a force for peace

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Thu 01 Mar, 2007 7:15 pm

welcome drukQs

damn...nice one...5 bucks...thats a steal alright :D
and yeah....its awsome indeed mate
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan

drukQs12

Post by drukQs12 » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 4:45 am

Thanks for the welcome. What are your favorite tracks? And is this record quite rare? I heard it was.

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 10:22 am

Hi.
I actually am not that big a fan of TTOE, and out of all the LP releases, I'd say this is not in my top five; in saying that, there is a couple of crackers on there, but the whole album was never really my kind of 'thang.
Now, as for the release itself; I presume when you say 'bucks' you mean $$$'s? If that's the case, then I'd reckon you've got yourself a particular bargain - HOWEVER - most of the CD releases are still out there for a reasonable price:
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=1241
BUT
the vinyl version is going for craaaaaazy money:
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=65132
and if it's this little bugger you've got, then five $$$/pounds/euros is pretty damned cool - and well done & welcome again!
:D
be a force for peace

drukQs12

Post by drukQs12 » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 4:15 pm

Hey Steve and thx. Yes when i say bucks I mean $$$. I'm going to assume that I am one of the few members from the states on this BBS. Not like there is anything wrong with that of course. So what are your favorite releases of course all I have is TTOE. What are the essentials? How I found TTOE was pretty much a great stroke of luck-I was out looking for more trance music-and TTOE was lying there in its wrapper for $5. And I liked it so much I somehow found this BBS. Also what are your favorite non Evolution artists. Mine are:
1.Aphex Twin-No brainer
2.Boards Of Canada
3.Squarepusher
4.Prodigy
5.DJ Shadow
6.Green Day-Gotta have some punk
7.The Offspring-More punk
8.Oakenfold
9.Tiesto
10.The KLF
No particular order.
Again thx for the warm welcome. Most forums are not this warm. :D

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 4:36 pm

well TTOE isnt one of my favourites either really...
its a great compilation, but not the first thing i would recommend
but then again...for $5 its a fnacin steal :D

THE essential Global Communication release for me is withoout a doubt 76:14 :D
well actually there are to many good releases to mention em all :D
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Global+Communication
peace & respect
// chuck cogan

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 5:10 pm

Green Day & The Offspring - you've got your work cut out for you :P :P :P - and Tiesto too :x :x :x - goooooood greeeeeef!
There goes the warm welcome......I'm kdding!
Well, as Chuck points out, 76:14 is pretty much the standard. To answer Suz's query, it was voted THE number 1 ambient album of the nineties by The Guardian newspaper in the UK, which is a pretty big & very cool deal. So you shoud be heading there first. It was reissued with a beatifull remaster, and issued with a whole loads of classic extra tracks (which in turn were al remastered too). I hate using the word 'classic' on things, but most of the tracks selected for the reissue disc 2 are the balls, and some of the THE very best Global tracks out there. As you can see by Chuck's link, you can still get the new edition, and if you do so, you'll also have a notion of what all the fuss was about with the other tracks too. You'll see/hear what we're talking about with regards TTOE as well.
After that, go and hunt down Blood Music, Pulusha, any Amba, A Colection Of Short Stories by Reload, and pretty much anything stamped 'Global Communication/Reload/Link/Amba/Tom miditon/Mark Pritchard', and then come back here and tell us you'll never listen to Green Day again, and that you were oh so very wrong on that one, and that your life has been suddenly blessed by some of the finest music on the planet.

I'm kidding again - kinda!
:wink:

P.S. I'll get some links posted later this evening for you to point you in a right direction.
be a force for peace

Suz
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Suz » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 5:45 pm

Steve SoleTo answer Suz's query, it was voted THE number 1 ambient album of the nineties by The Guardian
Thanks Steve S :)

and to drukQs12 for mentioning The Theory Of Evolution.

I haven't heard it yet but managed to order it on CD from an Amazon.com marketplace seller - new for $0.99
Last edited by Suz on Sun 04 Mar, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 8:01 pm

Staying on the current trend...:)

I think TTOE is a corker compilation of Evolution Records "part one".
Saying that. Some of the wishmountain (I am fan of M.Herbert on the whole) stuff can get annoying though. It could have been only bettered by adding more Link on there. :)

My fave tracks are Amazon Amenity and Archetype Arcadian

ian k
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ian k » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 10:17 pm

I'm with darlo on this one - its absolutely essential (unless you have all the originals which won't be many people). You've got to love the Biosphere and the Mystic Institute remix.
And there's another alias for Tom that I'd completely forgotten about - The Rebus Project. And what about Pubic Funk!!

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Sat 03 Mar, 2007 2:45 am

if you want your greetings to remain warm in the future, I'd keep the fact that you're a Green Day and Offspring fan under your hat....

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Sat 03 Mar, 2007 8:28 pm

yeah, though I love 75% of the tracks on theory, it had too many non-musical transition thingies (the wishmountain and rebus project and the horn etc) stuff that kept interupting the flow and beauty of the music.

too much yammering...

if you dig the theory album, mark just recently re-released remastered evos 1-3 on bleep.com and vinyl at warprecords.com for the amazing teque among other goodies,

track down the remastered re-release of 76:14 with the bonus cd of their housey stuff and some obscurities

remotion!
short stories!
pentamorous!
jedis!
link & E621!

soo much good stuff by these boys.

have fun

and welcome as well

EndlessNight
Teq
Teq

Theory...!!!

Post by EndlessNight » Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:30 am

Hello and welcome. I have it too and also live in the States. I love it, but not most of the *filler* tracks. I've had it for about 10 years, found it at Tower Records in Long Island. Favorite tracks are Peschi and Amenity.

Currently my #1 Cd on the *must find* list is Stories.... by Reload. Anyone have any idea where to find it??

Bye,
endless

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: Theory...!!!

Post by chuckcogan » Mon 26 Mar, 2007 10:45 am

EndlessNight wrote:
Currently my #1 Cd on the *must find* list is Stories.... by Reload. Anyone have any idea where to find it??
well the CD aint all that hard to find...mostly depends on what your pricelimit is
here are a few on discogs...starting at £ 19.99 and going upppppppppppppwarrrrdddsssss
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=44709
peace & respect
// chuck cogan