Global communication concert

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

mikael.håkansson

Global communication concert

Post by mikael.håkansson » Wed 28 Apr, 2004 2:18 pm

Do you know anything about the Global Communication concert recently - or maybe it was this last fall. I saw an ad in the WIRE about a Global Communication concert with a choir. I think it was to take place in London.

Do you know if it ever took place and have your read anything about it? Do you have a recording?

Best wishes

Mikael.hakansson@utbildning.stockholm.se

pyxis

Post by pyxis » Thu 29 Apr, 2004 9:01 pm

Hi,

Yes, there was a concert a few years back now at the Islington Chapel, London where Global Communication performed their tracks with a choir. There used to be a post on this very forum with further info, but since the server crash a while back, it seems to have gone!

There's not a great lot of info about the gig, apart from the people I've spoken too who said it was a truly great experience!

As far as I know there is no 'legal' recording available - I'm sure Tom and Mark are aware of the demand for their music and hopefully one day we'll see the light of some past Global highlights!

Can anyone else help? C'mon guys...

Mondeyano

Post by Mondeyano » Thu 20 May, 2004 2:39 am

pyxis wrote:Hi,

Yes, there was a concert a few years back now at the Islington Chapel, London where Global Communication performed their tracks with a choir.
Wasn't that just Tom................and a 'orse?

orangeandy

winter festival

Post by orangeandy » Wed 01 Dec, 2004 12:15 am

It was the Big Chill Winter Festival at the Union Chapel.

Probably the most moving thing I've heard. *wish* I could get a copy of it, but at the same time glad I can't as it would be impossible to recreate the atmosphere that was in the chapel that evening.

Utter magic.

ant

Post by ant » Thu 07 Jul, 2005 8:08 pm

one track is out n about on mp3...I think it was taken from a mix by tom, maybe an essential mix or something.

Amba - Lament (live @ the big chill winter festival)

its a version of 14 31 (Ob-selon Mi-Nos) from 76 14 w/ the choir that was mentioned.