Pulusha

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

Akumajou

Pulusha

Post by Akumajou » Tue 29 Nov, 2005 3:29 am

What does Pulusha mean and how is it pronounced?

kirstyhawkshaw

Re: Pulusha

Post by kirstyhawkshaw » Fri 06 Jan, 2006 9:36 pm

Akumajou wrote:What does Pulusha mean and how is it pronounced?
Plusha was the correct name which is actually a place in Devon. Mark and I were driving past the sign for the village one day just after we had written Isolation, and thought it was a nice name. The plank that did the artwork spellt the name wrong, so we had to stick with the new spelling to save money. It is pronounced ploooosha.

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Sat 07 Jan, 2006 12:10 am

we have prestigious guest here on the forum now :D
a big welcome to ya kirsty :D
hope you will stick around
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Sat 07 Jan, 2006 2:51 pm

Yeah, I have to second Mr. Chuck on this one.
Welcome, KirstyHawkshaw, and thanks for clearing up the stuff on 'ploooosha'.
I'd love to say how much I love all of your music, but truth is, I've really not had a chance to listen to your own LP's (as yet); but you are pretty much involved in two of my favorite pieces of music ever; in both Isolation tracks, and for that alone, I personally thank you for dropping by, saying hello, and clearing up some things, on something so dear to this little heart.

Thanks again.

:)

kirstyhawkshaw

Post by kirstyhawkshaw » Sat 07 Jan, 2006 6:36 pm

It's always a great privelage to be associated with Master Pritchard! I consider him to one of the 'greatest' producers of our time, and it's nice to read all the positive messages of support that he has received, he really deserves it. Mark told me to pop in and say hi. it! Isolation part one and two was a very special peice that we made quite a few years ago, I think we listened to the loop of chords for about 6 hours in one go without moving trying to decide what to add next, then decided not to add anything but a little vocal... Mark mixed the tune with the aid of Louie his 80 year old Nan on 'phasers' as it was doing my head in, the track as you know is quite emotional and was a really tough one to mix. Mark has great patience, and turned into a great Zen master mixing this one...

Anyway nice to meet you, thanks for the message. I'll pop in to see whats up on occasion. If you want to hear more of my stuff, best check the myspace page http://www.myspace.com/kirstyhawkshaw.

don't feel obliged though

cheers K
mista guest wrote:Yeah, I have to second Mr. Chuck on this one.
Welcome, KirstyHawkshaw, and thanks for clearing up the stuff on 'ploooosha'.
I'd love to say how much I love all of your music, but truth is, I've really not had a chance to listen to your own LP's (as yet); but you are pretty much involved in two of my favorite pieces of music ever; in both Isolation tracks, and for that alone, I personally thank you for dropping by, saying hello, and clearing up some things, on something so dear to this little heart.

Thanks again.

:)

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Sat 07 Jan, 2006 7:57 pm

Always nice to have new members on the board, although I still consider myself a newbie round here.

I ashamed to say I really only know your work that you did with Orbital and it looks like that I have missed out on alot of great stuff. I plan to change that by having a look at your two sites. I take it the Plusha CD is no longer available???

Anyways enough rant and thanks again for saying hi.

Darlo

P.S were always looking for new memebers for our monthly challenges :wink:
I think Mark and Tom are too scared to join in incase of humiliation :P

ben
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ben » Mon 09 Jan, 2006 9:21 pm

Great stuff - didn't know you had a new album out. Have just ordered it for delivery...

Ben.