NY Connection (mark? ToM? Both?)

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

NY Connection (mark? ToM? Both?)

Post by hayhook » Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:07 pm

The list on the home page of this site says it's Mark's
Most mp3's I've found credit to Tom?
Collaboration?

is there just the ep on Evolution or did they release other stuff?
Or is the other stuff listed on Discogs someone else calling themselves NyConnection as well?

Just trying to get my labels straight and my ear tuned to Mark's vs. Tom's styles....

Thanks for your help.

Post by Guest » Thu 17 Nov, 2005 4:55 am

well, hayhook, check page two for this one, the answers are yes, and Mark.

mista guest

Post by mista guest » Thu 17 Nov, 2005 5:10 pm

As far as I can recall, both the NY and Chicago 12's are both credited as Mark & Tom. I could tell you in two minutes for sure if I were back home, but I don't have them with me here. I'm pretty sure, though, they're both Tom & Mark.

P.S. They're both absolutely wicked too !

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

NY CONNECTION

Post by mark p » Sun 20 Nov, 2005 3:02 pm

NY Connection was my name. I did one 12" on universal language and a few others a few years before on a label called high resolution records, the earlier ones are a bit more clubby and cheesey in my view but sold well at the time especially infront wan'it.
Chicago chicago was secret ingredients which was tom and i we also did a 12" called ny ny.
the first 3 ny connection 12"s were done in 92/93 and arnt really vey good, it wasnt until the 28 east boys remix of infront wanit that i really got the sound to a ok level, 28 eastboys was a friend from school called kevin hann and i. The name was taken from my adress 28 easthams rd, crewkwerne somerset!!

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Sun 20 Nov, 2005 3:06 pm

CREWKERNE, is the correct spelling, its 5am at the moment and im in LA, Came over here to do a live show with steve spacek to help promote his album, it was at the disney concert building in LA. We had to play infront of the grammy members as they are trying to introduce them to electronic soul music.
Steves new album is well worth checking out by the way, its called space shift.

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

link

Post by mark p » Sun 20 Nov, 2005 3:07 pm

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Sun 20 Nov, 2005 7:02 pm

Hello Mark
Thanks for posting and clearing that up.
I was wondering about the secret ingredients stuff as well.

It's so cool that you drop in and say hey.

cheers

EndlessNight
Teq
Teq

Aussie Mark

Post by EndlessNight » Tue 29 Nov, 2005 11:16 am

>vocalist Steve Spacek joins fellow Aussie and producer Troubleman, in this celebration of space funk and beats.

So, you're Australian now Mark??! They did get it correct in their bio of you a few paragraphs beneath that line. I guess they heard that you live in Oz.

Sounds like a good event, wish I could have attended. Any NY dates scheduled for the near future?

endless

blob

Post by blob » Sun 29 Jan, 2006 8:48 pm

:o cor i live near Crewkerne!