The First Link EP vs The Augur EP vs stuff on Theory & A

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

The First Link EP vs The Augur EP vs stuff on Theory & A

Post by hayhook » Tue 15 Nov, 2005 9:58 pm

Hi folks.
I have a question for Mark and Tom or any of the knowledgeble collectors here.

I was not fortunate enough to ever possess the original copies of The First Link EP, The Augur EP or the Reload Amenity EP among many other GC alias releases (PLEASE get the stuff up on BLEEP or Re-release as a big 3 CD box set thing!!!!!!) and therefore have tried to seek them out as MP3's. But it seems the ones that exist out there may be incorrectly labeled?

Anyone have track times for these tracks to help match tracks to titles (since there are no lyrics to work with)
Comparative track times for tracks as they originally appeared on the vinyl then also appeared on various compiliations?
(The Augur, Arcadian on Artificial Intelligence II (Is this a GC remix? or the original version) Archtype Arcadian on Theory of Evolution (Is this the original "Arcadian" renamed for the compilation?)
Reload's Amenity vs. Link's Amentiy (same track?)
the song Animus (The same track as the Augur?)
Discogs seems a bit off on this stuff and it seems most people's sharable collections as well.

Thanks for your help.

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:13 pm

oh yeah and ptysch vs ptyzm (just spelling differences/typo or different tracks?)

Post by Guest » Mon 21 Nov, 2005 6:50 am

the first link ep on evolution = (off the top of my head will check though)
a augar intro
augar intro
animus
b amenity
arcadian

the augar ep had 3 tracks aside the augar b 2 tracks that were untitled

the reload amenity ep was a repress that had link amenity on 1 side and 2 reload tracks that were the bside of obselon minus evoo6.
the arcadian on artificial int was a global communication rmx. it is a completely different version than the original mix.
link amenity and reload amenity on repress are the same
animus and the augar are 2 seperate tracks
archtype amenity is a drum and bass rmx of amenity that later got rmx'd again and turned into links chameleon on good looking.
confused?? i am!!! Link was my alter ego and tom joined with link and e621(toms name) for the warp 12" antacid.
tom also joined in on some early reload tracks ie reload and e621.
The whole universal language cat number nightmare was toms fault as he thought it would be a good idea to give each artist there own number ie evoo70 - 71 ect was modwheel i think. which left holes in the cat numbers.
the augar 12" was on a label called symbiotic records which was a off shoot to evolution although i only did one release.
sorry about the mess.
it wont happen again(or will it??) probably!!!!
mark

Post by Guest » Mon 21 Nov, 2005 6:52 am

sorry
the first link ep on evolution = (off the top of my head will check though)
a augar intro
animus

b amenity
arcadian [/code]

inky
Teq
Teq

Post by inky » Mon 21 Nov, 2005 12:49 pm

Well, if Mark's confused, then what hope for the rest of us?!
I love the Link stuff, and put together a CD of all the records i'd hunted down. The way i see it, you can make a lovely album of music, but naming the tracks gets difficult...

The First Link EP (The label credits just 3 tracks!!)
A1 Augar Intro (2.50)
A2 Animus (6.22)
(B1 ? The Originator ?) (1.38 ) (could be just an intro to Amenity, but isn't on the repress)
B2 Amenity (6.19)
B3 Arcadian (AKA Archetype Arcadian) (4.39)

Symbiotic EP
A1 Untitled (But later released as Augar) (10.04)
B1 Untitled (7.15)
B2 Untitled (6.38 )

Then, there's Avatar (7.24) (from Trance Europe Express)

Antacid EP
A1 Antacid I (11.37)
B1 Antacid II (6.34)

Crap, nerdy helpful hint:
I compiled my CD in the above order, but cunningly put Augar at the end as it was nicely satisfying to start and end with the same music...
Also, if anyone buys the German repress of Amenity (Dawn records; is this a bootleg?) the left and right channels are reversed!!! :wink:
God, no wonder my wife thinks i'm so sad... :D

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Mon 21 Nov, 2005 1:49 pm

LOL....yeah...who said it was easy being a music lover LOL :D :lol:
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

nasty people

Post by Guest » Mon 21 Nov, 2005 3:19 pm

hell yeah thats a bootleg!!!!
Now for a message to the dawn records people. wheres my money???
It comes around eventually, ive already met people that think they know who did it!!!

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 21 Nov, 2005 6:45 pm

wow thanks for all the info.

INKY. Thanks for the track times too big help.

Now, I have Augur Intro as 3:46
and Animus as 8:32

Now maybe these were recorded at 33rpm and were supposed to be at 45?

but they sound right or good for sure... (but most gc/link/reload etc tracks do sound great at either speed

The Augur intro at this speed/length has the same melody at the same pitch as The Augur complete on Symbiosis...

inky
Teq
Teq

Post by inky » Tue 22 Nov, 2005 10:35 am

It's very possible that i'm an idiot, but i'm pretty sure my timings are close. I'm fairly positive that the Link EP is 45rpm side a and 33 rpm side b! Actually, the timings given on the label say A:6.10; B: 6.30 and 4.32, which, allowing for a few vaguaries and ignoring the intros is close to what i made them. (actually, i read my timings from the cd in itunes, so they also include pauses...)
I'm surprised that your Augar intro is at the same pitch as Augar though, cos so is mine!!!
Of course, the only real way to sort it out once and for all is to wait for the re-releases on Warp; and pleeeeeeeeaaaaase Mark can we have them on cd aswell?? IMHO, it seems a bit silly to go to the effort/expense of remastering only to put them out as mp3s! Still, i do understand it's all about the economics, but if i promise to buy 3 copies of all the evolution stuff, would that help? :wink:

Post by Guest » Thu 24 Nov, 2005 1:14 am

Hi all,
This is the excact reason its been on hold, apart from the small mission of moving to Australia!! I dont like mp3's and would really like to get the project rereleased on vinyl and cd. I really want to put the stuff on bleep but then i thought it would make it harder for me to find a label that were interested in re-issueing.
I still may do it myself, but that could be a hassle and id rather be making music than chasing distrubution companys.
i will try and sort it asap, i met some people in la last week that maybe able to help.
cheers mark p

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Thu 24 Nov, 2005 8:01 am

Mark,

Would Mike P with planet Mu be able to help get stuff re issued?

btw do you not use the auto login option for the board :lol:

Ta

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Thu 24 Nov, 2005 9:07 am

Good idea, i havent spoken to him for years and have no contact info tho.
Im using different computers and sometime i forget to log in.
im abit old school with this stuff, i still dont know what a avatar is!!
I love that modern toss character by the way, F$%king funny.

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Thu 24 Nov, 2005 1:56 pm

SUBMIT DEMOS TO:

Planet Mu Records Ltd.
PO Box 276
Worcester
WR5 2XJ
UK
:lol:

or

MIKE@PLANET-MU.COM

Mr T's best quote: "What do you think I am? Some sort of c*nt, I still want paying!"

Post by Guest » Thu 24 Nov, 2005 2:06 pm

cheers for that, my mate gave me a badge with that on it, and i was going to wear it when i was going into a label to get paid, but i bottled it!! :lol:

darlo
Ehn
Ehn

Post by darlo » Thu 24 Nov, 2005 9:58 pm

wuss :lol: