Recent Developments

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

mattbirdfootball

Recent Developments

Post by mattbirdfootball » Wed 11 May, 2005 8:54 pm

Personally, I dont think Tom and Mark owe us jack.

For me, its very simple.

They make music I like, I buy music (thus helping to keep them in petrol and recreational drugs) I listen to music. I occasionally go on this website to find out whats going on with new releases, live dates, etc.

It is great when Mark or Tom leave a post but I dont think they should be tied to any kind of commitment - id rather they spent there time writing music! And surfing!

This is a fan site - if its getting a little moribund, the fans need only look at themselves...

At ease.

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Thu 12 May, 2005 10:26 am

i share your opinion...
its just a nice bonus when you get to converse with the artist himself
or when he drops by to give some news.....

so go on....get outa here and make some more music now wont ya :D
goo on shoo, shoo :wink: :lol: :D
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

mr.shoes
Teq
Teq

Post by mr.shoes » Thu 12 May, 2005 12:40 pm

matt, you've hit the nail firmly and squarely on the head with an unswerving accuracy reminiscent of a young pitt the younger.
and throwing in "moribund" was a stroke of genius.

i think the fact mark or tim even give the site the time of day speaks volumes for the pair of em... lovely fellas your mother'd be proud of if you took em home for tea.

it's been the most interesting week here in a long, long time. the fact we all come here and post means it's a given we're all massive fans....
but the constant sycophantic comments on here occasionally become a tad sickening.

better we exchange opinions and question - and hopefully experience a little fun and enlightenment - than merely become a mark&tom back-slapping club for the terminally in awe.

than merely hail the

mr.shoes
Teq
Teq

Post by mr.shoes » Thu 12 May, 2005 12:42 pm

mark & tim

probably the greatest production duo of our times.....

ian k
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ian k » Thu 12 May, 2005 1:01 pm

Ha ha!

Brilliant Mr. Shoes. You are probably the greatest poster of all time. I might do a website about you!

:lol:

You are right though, I'm not a fan of message boards full of back-slapping. This one isn't as bad as some out there... That Gilles Peterson one for a start...

ian k
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ian k » Fri 13 May, 2005 9:25 am

That was meant as a joke with a hint of sarcasm by the way in case you missed it. There is nothing sycophantic about giving credit and respect where it is due. I never expected or expect anything in return for doing this website, and I don't give credit where it is not due.

If there is a track, a remix or a compilation that you like, don't be afraid to come on here and say so!

Anyone who comes on here to write negative things about people just needs to LIGHTEN UP!

mr.shoes
Teq
Teq

Post by mr.shoes » Fri 13 May, 2005 9:52 am

down with negativity in all shapes and forms?
ian, my original post, way back in the time when penny chews still cost a penny and dandelion & burdock was the nation's premier fizzy drink, merely posed the question: has tom's recent remix work become a tad stale? do the compilations make up for the lack of original output?

hardly blasphemous? other posters made it personal, but i did point out everyone has to pay the rent, and in no way blamed mr middleton for remixing to keep a roof over his head.

having a pop at either mark or tom's totally ridiculous, akin to having a go at shakespeare for writing another bloomin' comedy when his tragedies were all you were interested in.

but actually having a debate on here - until it got personal - was fun, interesting and entertaining.... and by crikey this messageboard needed it.

ian k
Ahn
Ahn

Post by ian k » Fri 13 May, 2005 10:53 am

Mr. Shoes I remember your post, back when god was a lad, I thought it was alright compared to some of the things on this message board.

A while back there was a bloke who came on here and said one of Mark's remixes was crap and all hell broke loose then. I see a similar pattern here but now Tom is the one getting a hard time.

Everyone is entitiled to have their say and I don't mind a bit of banter. But sometimes it can go a bit too far.

I might also point out that nothing has been deleted, edited, censored or modified.

We can't wind the clock back ten years (I personally wouldn't want to, however fond my memories are of that time). People have moved on and have new interests.

Tom is a man who obviously doesn't take himself too seriously and the compilations as he said himself require a sense of humour. Let's reserve judgement until the Cosmos album comes out (fingers crossed).

Rice and peas
Ian