76:14 - 20 years on

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

cantosis

76:14 - 20 years on

Post by cantosis » Sun 20 Apr, 2014 9:00 pm

With 20 years coming up soon since the release(June the 1st I believe) of this masterpiece, it would be nice if there was to be some sort of celebration either a new refresh, release of the live stuff from a few years ago or even some more gigs?.

After the end of the hiatus a few years back I was filled with a sense of excitement when it was announced of gigs,more new music etc. Its all gone a bit flat since though, OK we had the Back In The Box release and a few shows but I was expecting more, I was lucky enough to see the live recreation of 76:14 at the British Library and although I enjoyed it the venue wasn't the best as it was left with lights on and had a constant sound of bottles being smashed in the bar, I did hope for another UK gig at least in a better environment.

So I guess I am asking, is that the end of Global Communication? Tom announced on his social media that new solo releases will be coming soon including Lifetracks 2 which should be good but from my personal correspondence I get the feeling that Tom would be up for more GC action but Mark would be less keen, I could be completely wrong on this but that is the vibes I get.

Anyway what are your thoughts, should there be something to hit us for this 20yr landmark since the release, more music,gigs or are you happy for them to concentrate on solo work? I got to be honest I am less keen on the solo aspects of both guys apart from one or two things here and there, for me the magic is when they get together and I would love a monster ambient album from them.

pyewakt
Teq
Teq

Re: 76:14 - 20 years on

Post by pyewakt » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 12:04 pm

An idea - 76:14 the jungle edits. Mmmmmmm

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 14 Sep, 2015 2:49 am

there's that one Unit One "remix" of 14:31/Obselon_Mi-Nos pretty heavy drum and bass

can't seem to find it any more on the google webs
PM me for a copy Pyewakt if you want...

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 14 Sep, 2015 2:51 am

ohhh and those two new GC remixes (but as per your your supposition, Cantosis) was done by tom solo... still sounds as coulda fit on remotion/76:14 easily...

hoping for more to come sooon!!!!