GC LIVE AT THE BRITISH LIBRARY, LONDON

Global Communication, Link & E621, Jedi Knights, Secret Ingredients, Chameleon, Reload (&E621)

Moderator: chuckcogan

shinypouch

GC LIVE AT THE BRITISH LIBRARY, LONDON

Post by shinypouch » Sun 17 Apr, 2011 9:12 pm

At last - Late At The Library, June 17 2011

£12.50

GC will be playing live as part of the Out Of This World season with Rob Da bank and the Radio Science Orchestra.

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketP ... _val=25385

The date just states Late At The Library but i had a tweet from Tom Middleton confirming they are playing1

So excited!!!!!

cantosis

Re: GC LIVE AT THE BRITISH LIBRARY, LONDON

Post by cantosis » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 11:50 am

Should be good, any idea how many people will be able to get into this library? Anyway I am short of wonga untill end of the week so hopefully there be some left to buy.

shinypouch

Post by shinypouch » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 12:42 pm

No idea on capacity but it's not been advertised much so far.

The BL ordering system lists it as Late At The Library.

I confirmed with them that it's definitely GC playing!

Not to be missed.

cantosis

Post by cantosis » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 2:08 pm

shinypouch wrote:No idea on capacity but it's not been advertised much so far.

The BL ordering system lists it as Late At The Library.

I confirmed with them that it's definitely GC playing!

Not to be missed.

yeh i also asked Tom id it was going to be a Dj set as I notice there are some dj peformances there and he said "the clue is with the word LIVE"

shinypouch

Post by shinypouch » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 2:17 pm

Just picked up my tickets. About 130 have been sold so far. Apparently only 600 tickets are available!!

Be quick!

cantosis

Post by cantosis » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 4:10 pm

shinypouch wrote:Just picked up my tickets. About 130 have been sold so far. Apparently only 600 tickets are available!!

Be quick!

thanks for the info, not going to be able to get any till monday. hope there will be some left.

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 7:34 pm

wish i could be there, but seriously doubt i could afford to go to london after our nyc vacation hehehe
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan

cantosis

Post by cantosis » Mon 18 Apr, 2011 11:37 pm

My sister kindly just got my ticket so I am going for sure ;-)

high eight
Teq
Teq

Post by high eight » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 2:05 pm

Got mine! I'll be there with the wife :)

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Tue 03 May, 2011 1:28 pm

high eight wrote:Got mine! I'll be there with the wife :)
i aint jealous AT ALL...i swear...honestly....$&@%?!
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan

shinypouch

Post by shinypouch » Sun 08 May, 2011 12:40 pm

Little bit amazed that there does not seem to be that much 'excitement' at the prospect of Mark & Tom playing live on the blog that is dedicated to them!

cantosis

Post by cantosis » Sat 14 May, 2011 7:44 pm

shinypouch wrote:Little bit amazed that there does not seem to be that much 'excitement' at the prospect of Mark & Tom playing live on the blog that is dedicated to them!

I cant speak for anyone else but I am really excited, I have been waiting years for some sort of live performance...I am not sure what they are going to do here but hopefully this will be one of the venues where they play some 76:14 if not all of it ;-).

I got offered a job this week going to see TD at the end of the month and then this gig.....going to be a good 4 weeks coming ;-)

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by Steve Sole » Tue 17 May, 2011 12:57 am

I'm not going as I don't live in an area that they seem to be playing in.
If they come up with dates closer to where I live then I'll most certainly be heading along.

I have to say, though, I'm a bit disappointed they don't seem to be playing anything else they've done apart from 76:14.
I've always felt a bit strange as they done this before - just playing a revised version of the lp. For me it's kind of dull as you know everything that's coming. And he last thing I'd like to hear is any of their stuff done with live orchestrations over it - ggrrrr!
Now if they threw in some of Blood Music or maybe some of their remixes, or dare I say it, some new material, then...
be a force for peace

cantosis

Post by cantosis » Tue 17 May, 2011 6:59 am

Steve Sole wrote:I'm not going as I don't live in an area that they seem to be playing in.
If they come up with dates closer to where I live then I'll most certainly be heading along.

I have to say, though, I'm a bit disappointed they don't seem to be playing anything else they've done apart from 76:14.
I've always felt a bit strange as they done this before - just playing a revised version of the lp. For me it's kind of dull as you know everything that's coming. And he last thing I'd like to hear is any of their stuff done with live orchestrations over it - ggrrrr!
Now if they threw in some of Blood Music or maybe some of their remixes, or dare I say it, some new material, then...

I totally disagree...since the album came out there has never been any live performance from Tom & Mark together(well as far as I am ware) from this album. For such an iconic album that is surprising. I welcome this gig in fact I am so excited about it....I am still hoping for something else though the fact there is other acts peforming at this event takes something away for me and also makes me wonder how much of it will actually be peformed if any, I would like to see them do a solo gig in a small venue someone in the UK but I will settle for this now

Anyway I am still excited

Ancient
Peschi
Peschi

Post by Ancient » Sun 22 May, 2011 3:16 pm

Little bit amazed that there does not seem to be that much 'excitement' at the prospect of Mark & Tom playing live on the blog that is dedicated to them!
They played out 76.14 at the Big Chill a few years back when the expanded version was released. It was good - but not an overpowering experience - I guess hearing the cd for the first time was so good it can't be repeated. But this may be different so I'm keeping an open mind as they seem to be making the new performance a bit of a revisit and remix rather than a pristine repeat of the original.
(it's a picture of Mrs Mills by the way)