Africa hitech

Harmonic 313, Troubleman, NY Connection, Roberto Edwardo Turner, Reload, Link, Mystic Institute, Harmonic 33, Use of Weapons, Chaos & Julia Set, Series 7, Pulusha, Vertigo, Africa HiTech, 28 East Boyz, Shaft

Moderator: chuckcogan

Steve Sole
Akzinor
Akzinor

Re: Africa hitech

Post by Steve Sole » Wed 05 May, 2010 9:29 am

well, I did give the above a go, but this kinda stuff is just not for me.
sorry guys, it's not you lot, it's me!
thanks for the efforts though...
be a force for peace

Matter

Post by Matter » Sun 25 Jul, 2010 5:55 pm

i love it, thanks mark.

Abend

Post by Abend » Sat 15 Jan, 2011 12:01 am

Bought the album awhile back, but just found my dropcard from Hitecherous. "WTF is a dropcard?" I says...

I'm diggin' Blen Too Late & Said Speed, but I especially feel the techno/acid undertones in How Does It Make You Feel & The Sound of Tomorrow.

Any chance of Too Late & its respected dub getting a vinyl release?

mark p
Troubleman
Troubleman

Post by mark p » Sat 05 Feb, 2011 7:42 am

I really want Too late to be released on vinyl but im not sure it will be.

The next Africa hitech ep is out March i think, 4 tracks.

Out in the streets
Caveman style
Seek em step
Looking for the one.

Album is done for a May release. 11 tracks only Out in the streets will have been out b4 the album, rest is unreleased stuff.

Im now just sorting a remix for Bonobo and one for Farout. Im also finalising the tracks for a Harmonic 313 ep which will include Lion and Dutty bounce which are done.

Theres a harmonic 313 track called Bazooka riddim coming on a Bug comp for Soul jazz.

There is a 12" with Trim that may come on Planet mu. Thats already finished.

Still trying to work out the Wiley Scar track for release, Warp want it.

Got another Deep medi 12" to finish.

I've been writing lots of Reload stuff as well and thats the next album to focus on.

Been writing loads of different things over the last year, some jungle and some techno as well, lots of Footwork also and some Ambient stuff + some Harmonic 33 library stuff. Usual thing really writing too much and not finishing haha but i have got into a good finishing mode in the last 6 months. Probably finished 20 tracks or more in the last 4 months so i'm trying to keep in that mode.

Going to try and get more of a steady stream of music out from now on.

Oh im submitting some tracks for P money next week and ive been doing some tracks for Gonjasufi also.

The last 6 months have been a bit full on in the studio 6/7 day weeks, but now the Africa hitech is done im going back to sensible 5 day weeks, saying that its sat and im in the studio haha. Mainly because its 38 degrees outside and the Aircon is good here.

Mark

chuckcogan
Akzinor
Akzinor

Post by chuckcogan » Sun 06 Feb, 2011 2:02 pm

mark p wrote:....saying that its sat and im in the studio haha. Mainly because its 38 degrees outside and the Aircon is good here.
well good aircon is as good an excuse as any i guess :wink:
peace & respect
// chuck cogan
-----------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/chuck-cogan
-----------------------------

Upaka
Teq
Teq

Post by Upaka » Sat 19 Feb, 2011 11:28 pm

I've been writing lots of Reload stuff as well and thats the next album to focus on.
Heh, yeah we are really convinced.
by mark p » Wed 30 Jun, 2004 12:37 pm
Just putting the final touches to a mini album for warp records... when thats finished its full steam ahead on the reload album!!!!
Just kidding of course, but I was wondering if you think that crazy whale harp thing
you got is going to end up on the record.

Abend, you're great, I totally forgot about that dropcard. I didn't know there were bonus tracks, nice!

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Wed 02 Mar, 2011 7:21 pm

http://www.factmag.com/2011/03/02/afric ... but-album/

whooop!

Africa HiTech, the duo of Mark ‘Harmonic 313′ Pritchard and Steve Spacek, will release their debut album for Warp, 93 Million Miles, on May 9.

Pritchard and Spacek bonded at a period where both were living in Australia, apparently over their shared passion for techno, soul and digital dancehall (and possibly cricket). Africa HiTech, a project debuted on last year’s ‘Blen’ single, marks an attempt to combine international dance music’s more interesting forms with a devotion to the African roots of much of today’s popular music.

You can hear the first single from the album, ‘Out in the Streets’, here. It’s out now, available on Bleep:

http://soundcloud.com/cakeface/sets/afr ... he-streets

Abend

Post by Abend » Sun 06 Mar, 2011 2:56 pm

Been writing loads of different things over the last year, some jungle
very, very, very good news.

some techno

go on go on :D

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Sat 07 May, 2011 10:55 pm

Just heard the new Africa Hitech album "93 Million Miles", and it is AWESOME. No other word for it. Hard to pick a favorite track, but right now the songs "Out In The Streets". "Future Moves", and "Our Luv" are bending my mend in wonderful directions. I think the latter song has a lot of Reload influences...makes me even more antsy to hear the Reload music you're up to!
Mark, this is fantastic stuff. Production on this album is second to none....THANK YOU!!!!

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Sat 07 May, 2011 11:21 pm

Don't know if any of you saw this interview with Mark and Spacek, but it's interesting. (sorry, but the youtube brackets don't seem to be working so you'll need to click on the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtNvf7Ij704

thewalker
Mosh
Mosh

Post by thewalker » Mon 09 May, 2011 1:03 pm

"Don't fight it" has a certain tone and hypnotic quality that reminds me of Shackleton at his best...This is going on shuffle with the latest Kode9 and Andy Smith...Digital Rubadub styles!

Nice one Mark!

dextrous

Post by dextrous » Mon 09 May, 2011 2:40 pm

First time for me on here for ages, but had to log in to post how much Im enjoying this album. Picked it up on vinyl on Saturday and it hasnt left the decks yet. Tbh I wasnt really feeling the Blen single so wasnt expecting great things of the album, but Im very pleasantly surprised.

93 Million Miles is a great opener and In The Streets a great way to close the album. Really liking the diversity of the album, although I suppose you could say "bass" is the underlying theme, of the more grimey tunes am loving Do U Wanna Fight, really like the vocal treatment. Side E will probably go down best with those who favour the old school sound, as will Light The Way which has very familiar sounding vocals ;)

All in all a superb release, nice one Mark.

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 09 May, 2011 6:10 pm

Yeah. Liking this alot...

hayhook
Ehn
Ehn

Post by hayhook » Mon 16 May, 2011 8:32 pm

Is it just me or is Cyclic Sun a "Remix" of Mark's version of Balil's 3/4 Heart?

soooo good

blastik
Mosh
Mosh

Post by blastik » Tue 17 May, 2011 1:28 am

I was thinking that as well. They both have the same synth/jazz type vibe...